1990 4cyl mustang lx

svtnos

Regular
Mar 24, 2006
hey all. i need some help. i just bought a 4banger mustang and drove it back from FL. the car has no heat. there was no thermostat in the car. put one in and still no heat. the engine does warm up now but no heat. i was going to try and blow out the heater core since it was never used. i heard they sometimes get clogged?

i went to turn on the car to take it to my friends garage so he can try to figure out this heat issue but now the car wont start. it does crank. the fuel pump does make the sound like it is turning on. the car is getting spark.

how does someone check the fuel pressure on these? there wasnt anything on the fuel rail to tap into. i want to see if it was getting enough pressure. before the car was turned off, it did feel like it was hesitating/about to turn off.

any ideas? thanks in advance!

ShelbyGuy

Turgid Member
Mar 26, 2004
The heater core is often bypassed in a Fox Chassis car because they have a propensity to eat them and its 8 book hours to change it out.

Only way to check fuel pressure is to plumb a gauge into the fuel system. Given the age of the vehicle, I would suspect that the sock on the end of the pickup in the tank is covered in crud. Or perhaps the fuel filter is clogged.

hey all. i need some help. i just bought a 4banger mustang and drove it back from FL. the car has no heat. there was no thermostat in the car. put one in and still no heat. the engine does warm up now but no heat. i was going to try and blow out the heater core since it was never used. i heard they sometimes get clogged?

i went to turn on the car to take it to my friends garage so he can try to figure out this heat issue but now the car wont start. it does crank. the fuel pump does make the sound like it is turning on. the car is getting spark.

how does someone check the fuel pressure on these? there wasnt anything on the fuel rail to tap into. i want to see if it was getting enough pressure. before the car was turned off, it did feel like it was hesitating/about to turn off.

any ideas? thanks in advance!

svtnos

Regular
Mar 24, 2006
turned out the heater core was completely clogged! it was never used and boy did some nasty crap come out of it. i wish i took pics. the heat works now!

the car is up and running. the timing belt jumped a tooth and caused it to not start. everything is working now:headbang:

time to start looking for v8 swap parts:cool2:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• S
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list