Votes: 2 13.3%
  • Tints

Votes: 1 6.7%

• Total voters

Buddy5791

TCG Elite Member
Aug 6, 2007
Naperville
im looking for a DD that sounds nice and looks nice and can be taken to the track once in a while.... Accel Needs improvement (thought about the hondata but got confused) sounding a little more aggressive would be alot better

not looking for forced induction though right now

atm no budget... cause im going to save up for it when i know what to get

Naperville cops are dicks...all are in that area...I was told by a Warrenville cop once that I couldn't sit in my car in someone's driveway(I was with my ex-gf chatting with her in her driveway). Car wasn't running, it was not late out...w/e. I would go intake and exhaust as posted before. Don't go ebay cheapo though, get a nice sounding muffler. I had an ebay cheapo muffler on my 07 EX and that lasted about an hour before I took it off b/c it sounded like a plane taking off. If you do springs don't forget you will more than likely need new struts(depending on distance of drop), alignment, and some other misc things.

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
HONESTLY, the SI Exhaust flows pretty damn good for stock. Pick up an Injen or AEM Intake and call it a day IMO.

If you lower it on stock shocks, you will void the warranty on the shocks, and probably blow them out.

and tints illegal.

DO NOT screw with the tune on that motor unless A) You are out of warranty B) Its done at a shop with a Dyno that knows what they are doing.
I haven't seen a single true cat-back for an SI thats any good for less than $500 and it gives nearly no gains.

Chrisco

is a work in progress
Jan 26, 2008
Downers Grove, IL.
HONESTLY, the SI Exhaust flows pretty damn good for stock. Pick up an Injen or AEM Intake and call it a day IMO.

If you lower it on stock shocks, you will void the warranty on the shocks, and probably blow them out.

and tints illegal.

DO NOT screw with the tune on that motor unless A) You are out of warranty B) Its done at a shop with a Dyno that knows what they are doing.
I haven't seen a single true cat-back for an SI thats any good for less than $500 and it gives nearly no gains.

I'm pretty much with Das here. If you really want to spend money on the car and those things mentioned are your options, I'd just get an intake.

Chrisco

is a work in progress
Jan 26, 2008
Downers Grove, IL.
i bumped the thread... fine going from 25 to 250 maybe

links not working to the article now though

all i know is naperville cops are dicks when it comes to small things like tints and front plate...and loud exhaust...and loud music

I once got kicked out of Naperville by the police for climbing a tree near the river walk. True story.

Naperville cops are definite pricks (the vast majority at least).

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
I'm pretty much with Das here. If you really want to spend money on the car and those things mentioned are your options, I'd just get an intake.

Injen and AEM Typically are designed to give decent gains on the factory tune, as well as its easy to revert to stock before bringing to a dealer without causing CEL's etc, etc, etc.

I remember I sent you (talking to Buddy) an article on Hondata's newest ECU re-flash giving 20 WHP out of a bolt-on SI, That's the route to go hands-down IMO, but thats gotta be done outside of warranty.

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
Just make it look nice for now. Its going to take some forced induction and/or a lot of money to make that car fast. More people than just car enthusiasts can appreciate a nice looking car.

K20's are EXTREMELY responsive to bolt-ons, but damn near all of them void the warranty.

FI is needed more for the D and B series motors more-so than the K's

Mirz

Banned
Jun 1, 2007
Naperville cops are dicks...all are in that area...I was told by a Warrenville cop once that I couldn't sit in my car in someone's driveway(I was with my ex-gf chatting with her in her driveway). Car wasn't running, it was not late out...w/e. I would go intake and exhaust as posted before. Don't go ebay cheapo though, get a nice sounding muffler. I had an ebay cheapo muffler on my 07 EX and that lasted about an hour before I took it off b/c it sounded like a plane taking off. If you do springs don't forget you will more than likely need new struts(depending on distance of drop), alignment, and some other misc things.

If my car sounded like a plane taking off that would be the shit.

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
get an intake, do you really want to make your car sound annouying for like 5 hp?? I have an s2000 and no matter how much hp i'll get out of an exhaust, i will never put one one, i'll be damned if my car sounds like a damn sewing machine. Don't boost a k series either, why do retards do that?? perfectly good motors, if ya want something boosted and fast get a phuckin dsm, those are cheap and "realiable" lol. I'm not talking about you, just other tards. No offense but making the car loud will get you laughed at lol, even if runs 10's, they'll still laugh. Just don't boost it, n/a all the way do it right. The only honda motors that should be boosed is the ls, and stupid useless d-series.

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
get an intake, do you really want to make your car sound annouying for like 5 hp?? I have an s2000 and no matter how much hp i'll get out of an exhaust, i will never put one one, i'll be damned if my car sounds like a damn sewing machine. Don't boost a k series either, why do retards do that?? perfectly good motors, if ya want something boosted and fast get a phuckin dsm, those are cheap and "realiable" lol. I'm not talking about you, just other tards. No offense but making the car loud will get you laughed at lol, even if runs 10's, they'll still laugh. Just don't boost it, n/a all the way do it right. The only honda motors that should be boosed is the ls, and stupid useless d-series.

+1 for boosted LS :hs:

Stink Star

Don’t Drive Angry!
TCG Premium
Jan 20, 2008
Big wood cock

i agree with not getting an exhaust, but K motors love boost! they make mad power with FI! way more reliable than a DSM. but it doesnt matter anyway cuz this guy is kind of a weiner and hes not gonna buy a turbo kit anyway. i mean really.... why has to ask a message board which mod to buy? cant you figure that out by yourself? i cant wait till he buys a CAI for this car then realizes you need to take off the front bumper and cut your wheel shrowd to install it! he seems like the kind of guy that will pay somebody else to install it though... hey, ive done 2 already.... ill do it for $75!

Buddy5791

TCG Elite Member
Aug 6, 2007
Naperville
i agree with not getting an exhaust, but K motors love boost! they make mad power with FI! way more reliable than a DSM. but it doesnt matter anyway cuz this guy is kind of a weiner and hes not gonna buy a turbo kit anyway. i mean really.... why has to ask a message board which mod to buy? cant you figure that out by yourself? i cant wait till he buys a CAI for this car then realizes you need to take off the front bumper and cut your wheel shrowd to install it! he seems like the kind of guy that will pay somebody else to install it though... hey, ive done 2 already.... ill do it for $75!

not getting a turbo cause i wasnt just handed the car... im 17..i work at jewel so i cant just drop 3 grand on the car for fun because i have to pay for the car itself

and im going to be doing all the work my self i allready have a lift avalible to me for free and its not that hard to look at the DIY's to put on a intake

why do you allways gotta give me shit for asking questions

Buddy5791

TCG Elite Member
Aug 6, 2007
Naperville
what the hell do you need a lift for to install a CAI? and just FYI the cost of a turbo kit for your car is about $7500 for absolutly everything you will need. if your wrenching skills are anything like your driving skills you will have alot of trouble installing a CAI

really...so how are my driving skills? i ran my car fucking once and i was nervous... im sorry god dam will you just fucking drop it

Thread Info