8 year old kid: 1, Chey Half ton: 0

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
So yesterday evening I had a hankering for some Wendy's and I was in Kims Half-Ton because she had to drive out of town yesterday.

I'm pulling into the parking lot, and as I come around the building doing maybe 15mph? I see a family with kids getting out of their car, and at the last possible second their 8-10 year old kid COMMANDO style runs infront of the truck less than like 25-30 feet infront of me doing like he was a suicide bomber.

Needless to say, I 2-foot the pedal to the floor, and all 4 wheels are alternating their screams as the ABS tries to help bring my 5000lb piece of rust and steel to a stop, and I come to a stop to the point of where I can just BARELY see the kid is still infront of me, his mom slowly walks over, Gives ME A DIRTY LOOK, then goes inside.

I am about to get out of the truck to scream at this woman for not keeping her kid in check, so I turn to park next to their car and I push the brake pedal and realize there was nothing there.............

Fucking blew out my rear main brake line making sure I didn't remove this kid from the genepool...........

Moral of the story:

If your car is old and rusty, Don't Panic stop, just swerve and hit the parents instead, then they can't sue and you've done your duty by removing THEM from the gene pool instead.

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
That sucks dude. However, I would definatly have had a talking to the parents. It makes me sick when that happens to me. Im always yelling at the little one if she even lets go of my hand while walking around cars. Much less runs away from me.

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
That sucks dude. However, I would definatly have had a talking to the parents. It makes me sick when that happens to me. Im always yelling at the little one if she even lets go of my hand while walking around cars. Much less runs away from me.

The fact that she SLOWLY walks over to the kid as he's just standing their PETRIFIED looking at the nose of my truck, and then gives ME a dirty fucking look just made me ill...

If I was a parent I'd fucking Jumped infront of the goddamned truck, and then THANKED the driver for stopping intime and paying attention FOR me.

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
15mph seems kinda fast for a parking lot... Glad nobody was killed, you should have sat heads with the bitch.

Honestly, it was one of those "Black fresh Tarmac" kinda parking lots, where going 5mph and turning your tires are howling. I was probably only going 10, just sounded faster from all the tire screaming.

I shoulda sat heads with the Bitches Corolla!

Mickey

Look at those low rates!
Feb 13, 2008
Normal, IL
Real Name
Mickey Cole
That kid is lucky as fuck. There are waaaaayyy too many parents who are way too relaxed with their children while crossing the street or walking through parking lots. My grandma used to hold my hands so tight that it felt like my fingers were going to break off. People are fucking stupid.

How does one neglect a child so badly that they have no idea that running through a parking lot is unacceptable behavior?

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
That kid is lucky as fuck. There are waaaaayyy too many parents who are way too relaxed with their children while crossing the street or walking through parking lots. My grandma used to hold my hands so tight that it felt like my fingers were going to break off. People are fucking stupid.

How does one neglect a child so badly that they have no idea that running through a parking lot is unacceptable behavior?

If you could have only been there.

The look on that kids face was JUST like "Deer in headlights"

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
whether the kid was there or not your lucky this didnt happen to you on the road. its the scariest feeling when your slowing down and the brake pedal just drops. almost feels like you speed up. happened to me when i blew a brake hose in the cavy.

LUCKILY the way the MC in the chevy is designed, the front brakes still work at about half-capacity even with the rear line blowing out.

Regardless, With how much we Tow with this truck already, I'd rather them fail now instead of on the road while towing a load :eek3:

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
Joel
LUCKILY the way the MC in the chevy is designed, the front brakes still work at about half-capacity even with the rear line blowing out.

Regardless, With how much we Tow with this truck already, I'd rather them fail now instead of on the road while blowing my load :eek3:

dude thats weird....:ugh:

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
Joel
whether the kid was there or not your lucky this didnt happen to you on the road. its the scariest feeling when your slowing down and the brake pedal just drops. almost feels like you speed up. happened to me when i blew a brake hose in the cavy.

what did you do with that pile?

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
dude thats weird....:ugh:

It kinda has 2 reservoirs built into 1.

Most cars have '2 circuts' of some-kind incase of a line failure, Your civic for example is split front right, rear left, and front left rear right (so if you loost your front left brake line, the car will still be able to stop with full force with the front right and rear left brakes. (Albeit full force with only have the braking power)

importcrew

Forum Sponsor
TCG Premium
Jan 26, 2008
Hampshire
So yesterday evening I had a hankering for some Wendy's and I was in Kims Half-Ton because she had to drive out of town yesterday.

I'm pulling into the parking lot, and as I come around the building doing maybe 15mph? I see a family with kids getting out of their car, and at the last possible second their 8-10 year old kid COMMANDO style runs infront of the truck less than like 25-30 feet infront of me doing like he was a suicide bomber.

Needless to say, I 2-foot the pedal to the floor, and all 4 wheels are alternating their screams as the ABS tries to help bring my 5000lb piece of rust and steel to a stop, and I come to a stop to the point of where I can just BARELY see the kid is still infront of me, his mom slowly walks over, Gives ME A DIRTY LOOK, then goes inside.

I am about to get out of the truck to scream at this woman for not keeping her kid in check, so I turn to park next to their car and I push the brake pedal and realize there was nothing there.............

Fucking blew out my rear main brake line making sure I didn't remove this kid from the genepool...........

Moral of the story:

If your car is old and rusty, Don't Panic stop, just swerve and hit the parents instead, then they can't sue and you've done your duty by removing THEM from the gene pool instead.

that sucks. i would say talk to insurance about it, but by the sounds of it, claiming insurance would probably "total" the car. lol. but seriously...maybe you should have hit the parents. the parents ARE LIABLE for their kids' action at that age.

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
that sucks. i would say talk to insurance about it, but by the sounds of it, claiming insurance would probably "total" the car. lol. but seriously...maybe you should have hit the parents. the parents ARE LIABLE for their kids' action at that age.

Truck only has Liability because of its age, 'Self Inflicted damage' probably wouldn't be covered.

But yes, I should have creamed the parents :bigthumb:

Chrisco

is a work in progress
Jan 26, 2008
Downers Grove, IL.

It's an old truck, if you try to claim that your brakes failed while stopping they're going to tell you to take better care of the vehicle. Regular maintenance is not their problem.

Glad you all made it out of that situation safely, but yeah it's amazing how ignorant people can be.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info