Need help, have a question about the ECU and emissions.

fastkars.com

Staging Lane
Apr 27, 2005
I'm trying to get my Cobra to pass emissions. When I went to get it tested they were unable to communicate with the computer.

I removed the computer and there is a piece missing off the end. It's just a open gap with a chip sticking out like something should be plugged into it. Does anyone have pictures of what the factory ECM looks like?

If I have to buy a new computer, where would be the cheapest place to look?

Thanks in advance

ShelbyGuy

Turgid Member
Mar 26, 2004
sounds like you already have a chip in the j3 service port. back in the dark ages, thats how they tuned cars. burn a chip then slap it in the service port. you are most likely seeing the end of the chip the tuner plugs into their pc.

I'm trying to get my Cobra to pass emissions. When I went to get it tested they were unable to communicate with the computer.

I removed the computer and there is a piece missing off the end. It's just a open gap with a chip sticking out like something should be plugged into it. Does anyone have pictures of what the factory ECM looks like?

If I have to buy a new computer, where would be the cheapest place to look?

Thanks in advance

fastkars.com

Staging Lane
Apr 27, 2005
yes.. and unless you have bigger injectors or a after market MAF
you should be able to drive it to the emissions place and get tested.

just don't go over 3K rpms to be safe.

I have bigger injectors and a aftermarket maf..:mad: Thanks for your help guys.

Edit : I think if I take out the chip my check engine light will come back on too. Anyone have any suggestions to get my car to pass emissions?

Here are my mods..

BBK LTs
BBK O/R H
SCT MAF, 60lb injectors
2.76+Port / BF TB/Pl

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• F
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list