diablo predator timing

Wiked03

CSVT OG
Mar 1, 2004
Louisville, KY
Why are they bad?

I thought they ran pretty safe canned tunes with only minor adjustments for CAI, Catback, and 93 octane fuel.

They are usually very agressive with their timing and air fuel ratios.... which have lead to numerous engine failures in the past. Even if it was "safe" it would not be dialed in for your combo. Custom tunes are the ONLY way to go, IMO.

jaykruger

Juiced, ported and blown
Mar 30, 2007
The reason I ask is that I have almost the exact same setup that was run in the MMFF cobra tuning article about a year back. They ended up with 88 rwhp and 130 wrtq gains with the mods I have and the prdator tune, they did complain that it was rich at the high rpm but it was a "safe" tune. I am going to be getting mine Dynoed this week to make sure nothing is supper off, but was looking for what they "Diablo" has changed vs the stock tune.

I am going to get the cable for the data logging but with the weather who knows when I can actually take the car out this week.

jaykruger

Juiced, ported and blown
Mar 30, 2007
As for being a bad "canned" tune where have you seen this? (kinda concerned now) I looked for a while to see if anyone had problems with the pulley tune from them and only found people with complaints on Corvette forums.

As for mail order tunes any opinions on Mile-hi vs Amazon?

Wiked03

CSVT OG
Mar 1, 2004
Louisville, KY
To be honest I haven't seen any issues with the canned tunes recently, but I saw enough bad stuff about them on SVTP back in 04 to convince me to never use em. :dunno:

As far as mail order tunes... i wouldn't give $.01 to Scamazon Racing... they are crooks.

RWTD (if you are patient) and Mile HI are excellent choices though.

jaykruger

Juiced, ported and blown
Mar 30, 2007
To be honest I haven't seen any issues with the canned tunes recently, but I saw enough bad stuff about them on SVTP back in 04 to convince me to never use em. :dunno:

As far as mail order tunes... i wouldn't give $.01 to Scamazon Racing... they are crooks.

RWTD (if you are patient) and Mile HI are excellent choices though.

Mile HI seems to ret some pretty excellent reviews over @ svtperformance as well probally go with him.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• jaykruger
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list