Emissions

VENOMOUS98

Regular
May 30, 2004
How many of you do not have the emission equipment on your car and have passed the emission test? I reason I am asking is, because I don't have any of the emission stuff on my car right now and the emission test place cannot read the stored codes or get the computer to connect with theirs. I have a Diablosport chip tune on the car now and was wondering if anyone else is running this chip or the SCT one. Also, is the chip causing the problem instead of it being a flash tune? I am trying to figure out what to do and need your help with this.

Thanks In Advance,

Chris

hazmat404

Addict
Apr 26, 2005
not sure what else you are trying to get out of an answer. post up where you live and ask if anyone has a diagnostic reader that can say what is the error that is showing up.

how long has your chip been in, do you drive your car everyday and what exactly did they say to you? did they say that there are not enough cycles run on the car for them to test? sometimes that means you havent driven your car through the right type of cycles like up to 60+ then down to 20 then up again or something like that.

VENOMOUS98

Regular
May 30, 2004
Ok, here goes, when I have checked the emissions readiness tests with a diagnostic reader that my friend has, all four of them came up as n/a. When I go to the emission place there reader says "unable to reteive codes from obd system, try to reconnect and do again". Yes, I do daily drive the car, but that is not going to do nothing to help the drive cycle tests when they come up as n/a. I talked to Diablosport and got the right numbers to put in the tune that will allow the car to pass the emission test, but that has not worked out the way they said it would. The tuner that tuned my car, changed the settings to those from the original ones and still the same answer at the emission place as before. I am having a tough time trying to figure why it has not worked, when Diablosport told me that will make the car pass. The chip has been in the car for 1 1/2 years. So that is why I am trying to see what everyone has done to theirs cars that don't have some or none of the emissions stuff, that will make it pass. I know that their are people on here that were having the same problem as me, but yet they will not help me out with this. Only you,hazmat404 & Gary101386, so far have given me any info on what to do or try. I need to get this figured soon, before I miss the deadline to test the car.

Thanks,

Chris

Shane97Cobra

Addict
Apr 27, 2005
Chris your tune is the issue. I'm not sure how the Diablo stuff is....but Tim had the same issue with his SCT tune at first. They could not get the diagnostics equiptment to read. He called SCT who mailed him his first tune and they were able to resolve the issue by making a change in the tune. The code reader at the emmission place was then able to hook up and showed no codes....I would call your tuner.

VENOMOUS98

Regular
May 30, 2004
Shane,

Thanks for the info on what to do. I tried getting my tuner to solve this problem last time I was there, but he does not seem to know what to do at this point. I will get with him and Diablo on the phone and figure this out. Was Jerry the one that tuned Tim's car originally?

Thanks Again,

Chris

Zack

4 Doors 4 Life
Mar 21, 2004
NW Indiana
If you have a chip in your car, you have to either remove or cover up one of the pins on the OBDII connector.

This is the same principle of removing the pin on the XCAL2 connector when you have a chip in the computer so it can interface with the computer.

If memory serves me, its the third pin from the left on the lower row of pins (on the xcal connector)
James from RWTD showed it to me in Mokena last month.

I recently took my emmisions test but turned the Rear O2s back on and waited until code 0100 went away before taking the test.
It goes away after so many key cycles and full diagnostic cycles the Computer runs.

I passed just fine.

VENOMOUS98

Regular
May 30, 2004
Zack said:
If you have a chip in your car, you have to either remove or cover up one of the pins on the OBDII connector.

This is the same principle of removing the pin on the XCAL2 connector when you have a chip in the computer so it can interface with the computer.

If memory serves me, its the third pin from the left on the lower row of pins (on the xcal connector)
James from RWTD showed it to me in Mokena last month.

I recently took my emmisions test but turned the Rear O2s back on and waited until code 0100 went away before taking the test.
It goes away after so many key cycles and full diagnostic cycles the Computer runs.

I passed just fine.

I did not know that you would have to remove one of the pins on the OBD 2 connector to get it to pass emissions. If I remove the same pin on the connector in the car, will that make it pass?

Thanks,

Chris

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info