Need to drop my fuel pressure, or maybe I'm reading it wrong?

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
Installed a B+M FPR, and a Walbro 255lph pump on my LS powered 92EG.

Installed a cheap/generic fuel pressure gauge, and with the car running, *vac hose off or on* its always over 100PSI, which I know is not good...
The second I turn the car off, it drops down to like 55 or so.
Am I setting the FPR wrong? Do I need to drill it out like I've seen done to help drop the pressure? Help?

*no matter WHERE I adjust the FPR to, with the hose on OR off, its still above 100*

Could the gauge be bad?

Ron Vogel

TCG Elite Member
Jul 12, 2007
Aurora
Real Name
Ron Vogel
Are you positive this is the correct FPR; carbed cars require 4-5psi of FP and many regulators require a spring kit for fuel injected cars.

Beware of pressures higher than 125psi, you can burst the injector body.

Also are you positive that you have it plumbed correctly.

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
Are you positive this is the correct FPR; carbed cars require 4-5psi of FP and many regulators require a spring kit for fuel injected cars.

Beware of pressures higher than 125psi, you can burst the injector body.

Also are you positive that you have it plumbed correctly.

the FPR I have is a 'fuel modifier' (uses the stock FPR body with a new spring and an adjustable piston to compress it) a replacement FPR (such as an AEM that replaces the stock unit) that's adjustable is north of $200, so a bit outside of budget.

Its a B+M unit, and is installed I'd imagine correctly (followed the instructions, and its for my make/model of motor)

Plumbing hasn't changed.

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
you still havent drilled the hole?

I was at a Wake last night for Kims Gpa, We got home at like 11pm.

Today I turn 21, so I plan on being wasted once I get off work.

Sat morning I'm going to take it apart to make sure I installed it right, then I'll drill the hole incase it still is having issues.

Someone mentioned that it should only be at 55-60PSI with a STOCK regulator and a walbro, so something isn't right :(

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
Joel
I was at a Wake last night for Kims Gpa, We got home at like 11pm.

Today I turn 21, so I plan on being wasted once I get off work.

Sat morning I'm going to take it apart to make sure I installed it right, then I'll drill the hole incase it still is having issues.

Someone mentioned that it should only be at 55-60PSI with a STOCK regulator and a walbro, so something isn't right :(

ah i see. try popping the old one back in. or did you cut it up to add the b&m one in? i understand the walbro flows alot more but i would think with a return system it should be able to regulate fuel pressure with the stock one.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info