99 cobra SC Question?

99 Stangbanger

Phantom Fury
Nov 22, 2004
what direction is the oil feed line suspose to face once the SC is on the engine? Right now I have the 45 degree fitting facing so that the hose is comming out on the right side of the Charger (drivers Side).It seems to be sitting above the harmonic balancer.

Is this right or do I need to have it turned a different direction?

Anyone with a Vortech installed that has pics of hose routing would be totally helpfull :biggthump

I searched the web for detailed pics of a installed unit but I seen none except the top veiws and that does me no good.

mikev08826

Regular
Sep 3, 2006
99 Stangbanger said:
what direction is the oil feed line suspose to face once the SC is on the engine? Right now I have the 45 degree fitting facing so that the hose is comming out on the right side of the Charger (drivers Side).It seems to be sitting above the harmonic balancer.

Is this right or do I need to have it turned a different direction?

Anyone with a Vortech installed that has pics of hose routing would be totally helpfull :biggthump

I searched the web for detailed pics of a installed unit but I seen none except the top veiws and that does me no good.

I know what your talking about. I had the same concern when I putmine on. Mine's facing the front bumper. Even when I put mine on I could turn the 45* fitting a little more as it wasn't snug, but there wasn't anything I could do about it. Now it's snug. IDK... Maybe it was something speed inc. did. God those guys are awesome.

When it's facing the driver side QP can you not turn it anymore?

99 Stangbanger

Phantom Fury
Nov 22, 2004
mikev08826 said:
I know what your talking about. I had the same concern when I putmine on. Mine's facing the front bumper. Even when I put mine on I could turn the 45* fitting a little more as it wasn't snug, but there wasn't anything I could do about it. Now it's snug. IDK... Maybe it was something speed inc. did. God those guys are awesome.

When it's facing the driver side QP can you not turn it anymore?

Yea it stopped facing the engine but I turned it about a 1/4 more to make sure it was really snug and it now faces twords the r/side (drivers side) of the blower and the hose hangs directly over the harmonic balancer this way. :dunno:

Where did you get the 5/8th punch for the oil pan cuz I looked everywhere without any luck so I called Vortech and looks like I have to order one from them for 26.00 and wait a week to get it :mad: Any place you know of?

Thanks for your help :biggthump

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• 99 Stangbanger
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list