Quick Nitrous Question

01Sleeper

TCG Elite Member
Dec 11, 2004
BOOSTED2V said:
Yeah tell me about it... what kinda shot are you running (dry or wet) and what other supporting mods do you have. I see you've went 12.63 is that accurate?

If you are going to spray it, just make sure you have enough fuel. :biggthump I am speaking from experience, everything looked good on the dyno, but the second trip down the track it went "BOOM"

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
BOOSTED2V said:
Yeah tell me about it... what kinda shot are you running (dry or wet) and what other supporting mods do you have. I see you've went 12.63 is that accurate?

I have a 100 shot direct port. Internals are stock, fuel system is stock. A bunch of people have said u can go to 150 on stock fuel because the kit automatically adds sufficient enrichment fuel, I don't believe it, so i just stuck with 100. Might try 125 sometime but still not sure. The best time is a 12.63 in a pretty strong headwind. The other mods i have are O/Rx, flowmasters, pulleys, centerforce DFX, drag radials, weld in subframe connectors, cold air, throttle body, lowering springs, line lock. I'm probably forgetting something. It still has the stock gear :( That will change this season.

01Sleeper

TCG Elite Member
Dec 11, 2004
I ran a 100 shot with no problems, then bumped it to 150 and thats when it blew.

N20GT said:
I have a 100 shot direct port. Internals are stock, fuel system is stock. A bunch of people have said u can go to 150 on stock fuel because the kit automatically adds sufficient enrichment fuel, I don't believe it, so i just stuck with 100. Might try 125 sometime but still not sure. The best time is a 12.63 in a pretty strong headwind. The other mods i have are O/Rx, flowmasters, pulleys, centerforce DFX, drag radials, weld in subframe connectors, cold air, throttle body, lowering springs, line lock. I'm probably forgetting something. It still has the stock gear :( That will change this season.

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
01Sleeper said:
I ran a 100 shot with no problems, then bumped it to 150 and thats when it blew.

I think i want to do 125. The kit comes with a fuel pressure shut-off switch that's supposed to cut off the nitrous if fuel pressure drops too low, whether it works good enough who knows. I figure it should be fine for a while. Atleast until I can afford to build the engine. Before i do that though I gotta build the rear end, stock axles can only take so much abuse.

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
BOOSTED2V said:

I know u have said u want to keep the car N/A, but why not add a 75 shot to it? Nothing blows up on a 75 shot, unless of course the fuel puddles up, which still rarely happens with only a 75 shot and a window switch. That's what direct port is for if you're still worried about it (like i was). It's safer than a blower, cheaper than a blower, and will probably take about a full second off your time.

rocket5979

Gearhead
Nov 15, 2005
Round Lake, IL
N20GT said:
I think i want to do 125. The kit comes with a fuel pressure shut-off switch that's supposed to cut off the nitrous if fuel pressure drops too low, whether it works good enough who knows. I figure it should be fine for a while. Atleast until I can afford to build the engine. Before i do that though I gotta build the rear end, stock axles can only take so much abuse.

Yeah, 125 is the limit of your stock fuel pump. After that your duty cycle will be VERY close to maxxed. 125 is walking a fine line, 150 is over the line on a stocker fuel system like yours. 100 you can spray all day long assuming things are in good order.

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
rocket5979 said:
Yeah, 125 is the limit of your stock fuel pump. After that your duty cycle will be VERY close to maxxed. 125 is walking a fine line, 150 is over the line on a stocker fuel system like yours. 100 you can spray all day long assuming things are in good order.

Yeah I think i will try the 125. Thanks again for all the help.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info