Nitto DR and stock rearend 03 GT

Currently I have snow tires on my car. In about a month i need to buy some new summer tires. I was considering going with BFG KDW II's, but I'm thinking about the nitto now. The thing is that my rearend is completely stock. I will be having it built with 4.10's in May. I just want to know if it will be ok to drive around for 2 months on the Nitto DR? I will probably take the car to the track on opening weekend April 1st. Will I be ok doing a few track passes?

Blood on Blood

rumble baby rumble
Apr 6, 2005
Feather out that clutch at about 2500 rpms and you should be fine...

A cost effective option for you is to go w/ Moser 28 spline hardened axles and 4.10 gear. There are a number of Mach 1 owners on their forums putting down more power than your GT with no issues. They are typically running 300 + rwhp, with a stock carrier, 28 spline hardened axles, 4.10 - 4.30 gear on drag radials. They are also launching from higher rpms.

Dave

Blood on Blood said:
Feather out that clutch at about 2500 rpms and you should be fine...

A cost effective option for you is to go w/ Moser 28 spline hardened axles and 4.10 gear. There are a number of Mach 1 owners on their forums putting down more power than your GT with no issues. They are typically running 300 + rwhp, with a stock carrier, 28 spline hardened axles, 4.10 - 4.30 gear on drag radials. They are also launching from higher rpms.

Dave

I already have the parts for the build up: moser 31 splines, cobra diff., 4.10's, frpp girdle, bearing kit. Was just wondering if the stock rearend with stock gear would be alright for a while.

v8venomgt said:
my gt with cams, 3600 stall, bolt ons, 373s, and 315 nitto drags has served me well for 2 summers. they dont hook that great, although i have cut a 1.9 or 1.8 i dont remember. i havent broken the rear (knock on wood) and wet traction wasnt bad at all

So would I be better off going with the BFG KDW II's for the street? With no burnout, is there a difference between the Nitto DR and a good street tire on the street?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info