Car Alarms??? help me

Jimy Bilmo

CSVT OG Member
TCG Premium
TCG Goldmember
Aug 16, 2005
Rotzs99 said:
Anyone know about car alarms? Im trying to sell mine to someone and they say they want an FM transmitter. What is that?

This is the alarm i have.
Crimeguard 745i

School me on it?

I can't tell off of the description. My Viper remote start runs off a FM transmitter. Basically it is just an increased distance everything works off of.

Blood on Blood

rumble baby rumble
Apr 6, 2005
There are three alarm systems that I firmly believe in.

1. 30 foot chain and a Rottweiler.
2. Eletrodes attached to the car so that when someone touches it, he/she is zapped.
3. Hidden fuel cut off switch. However, they can flat bed the car away.

Other than that, car alarms are only deterents and buy you time. The thief can drill through the left front fender and into the battery, which will drain the power. You can have a battery backup, which will work; however, some people no longer attention to car alarm sirens.

It would be cool if we can get an alarm that screams "Fire" or "Rape" extremely loud. Maybe that will get on lookers attention.

Dave

Bob_Kurgan

Flyin_Hawaiin
Feb 16, 2005
Blood on Blood said:
Other than that, car alarms are only deterents and buy you time. The thief can drill through the left front fender and into the battery, which will drain the power. You can have a battery backup, which will work; however, some people no longer attention to car alarm sirens.

It would be cool if we can get an alarm that screams "Fire" or "Rape" extremely loud. Maybe that will get on lookers attention.

Dave

what happens if the car's battery has been relocated to the back as alot of guys are putting larger resevoirs in the factory location?? :)

Rotzs99

All SHOW no GO
Mar 16, 2006
Blood on Blood said:

2. Eletrodes attached to the car so that when someone touches it, he/she is zapped.

Dave

Im not using it, im just trying to sell it.

Blood on Blood

rumble baby rumble
Apr 6, 2005
what happens if the car's battery has been relocated to the back as alot of guys are putting larger resevoirs in the factory location?? :)

Ah, nice question. A thief is working fast, drills out the left front fender and antifreeze begins to pour on the ground. The thief can mistakenly think the battery is drained and attempt to break into the car, which the alarm goes off. The thief can either pop the hood, or if smart, pop the trunk.

A smart security installer would also have the trunk release button and fuel pump deactivited if the alarm is triggered, and a siren located in the car too (these inside sirens are nice and loud). If so, the thief will probably give up.

Now, if a persistent thief does open the trunk and disable the battery, one should have a backup battery installed in another location in the car.

By then, hopefully the thief would just walk away. Again, it is easier to simply flat bed the car.

I used to have a 03 Convertible Cobra and thought through this... As I said last year, a car being stolen is just the same as another man having sex with your girlfriend/wife. Would you really want her back?

:biggthump

Dave

sonic02gt

Kona Blue shelby
Sep 18, 2005
Blood on Blood said:

Dave
:headbang:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info