I test drove a 2006 Pontiac GTO

Stangfreak91

TCG Elite Member
Dec 5, 2004
Had sometime too kill before my haircut appt in elgin, So I stopped by Pontiac In elgin. My salesperson, had to be the biggest retard that I'd ever encountered at a dealership! with an $2 suit and bad shoes and the worst english ever.

There was a grapphite color GTO on the floor, so I'm checking that one out, the car had major swirls down the to entire right side of the car and his answer to this was " it comes this way from the factory, this is normal" So I open the hood and we both look into the engine bay, I ask what size motor is this? His answer " 5.2 LS1 with almost 350 hp" I swear! he said it just like that! The car had a strut tower brace on it. I asked him what that was for? His Answer? "To protect the fenders in an accident" So by now I'm very entertained! :clap:

So he asking me if I want a testdrive? I tell him that I wasn't buying and nor was I in the market to buy. So after another 10 minutes of him knowing nothing about the car we go for a ride.

streets and tires are real cold so I didn't get in it all the hard just enough to see what kinda of go the car had, It was very smooth, I didn't feel like it would plant youu in the seat but anywho. Gauges were in view, front seats are really nice, back seats feel like you have to fall in and then climb out" Sounds like my X? Shifting the car felt odd as it for me the shifter was out of place.

Overall not a bad car exhaust sounds nice, I think If i had to do it and buy this brand, I just might choose the GXP over the GTO. for an extra $1K

cobravenom39

GTL>FLA
Mar 1, 2004
Stangfreak91 said:
Had sometime too kill before my haircut appt in elgin, So I stopped by Pontiac In elgin. My salesperson, had to be the biggest retard that I'd ever encountered at a dealership! with an $2 suit and bad shoes and the worst english ever.

There was a grapphite color GTO on the floor, so I'm checking that one out, the car had major swirls down the to entire right side of the car and his answer to this was " it comes this way from the factory, this is normal" So I open the hood and we both look into the engine bay, I ask what size motor is this? His answer " 5.2 LS1 with almost 350 hp" I swear! he said it just like that! The car had a strut tower brace on it. I asked him what that was for? His Answer? "To protect the fenders in an accident" So by now I'm very entertained! :clap:

So he asking me if I want a testdrive? I tell him that I wasn't buying and nor was I in the market to buy. So after another 10 minutes of him knowing nothing about the car we go for a ride.

streets and tires are real cold so I didn't get in it all the hard just enough to see what kinda of go the car had, It was very smooth, I didn't feel like it would plant youu in the seat but anywho. Gauges were in view, front seats are really nice, back seats feel like you have to fall in and then climb out" Sounds like my X? Shifting the car felt odd as it for me the shifter was out of place.

Overall not a bad car exhaust sounds nice, I think If i had to do it and buy this brand, I just might choose the GXP over the GTO. for an extra $1K

Did you get any wheel hop??? And did you ask him if it had new muffler bearing???

How's the Pacifica, Randy???

ponyxpress00

Jan 9, 2007
GTO's

Well I actually was looking at GTO's before I bought my Mustang...I figured a car that small with that amount of horsepower would be just what I wanted...But after test driving a few of them I was very turned off by them they are crappy...The inside is uncomfortable the shifter feel totally out of place.The back seats haha they might as well have made this a 2 seater cause the back seats are pretty useless.......Power was definatly there but the bads out weighted the goods by far in my opinion.. Also I went to a dealership in North Riverside once prob about 10 years ago and had this 28 ish or 30 ish year old salesman I was looking a a corvette and he would only move up on the price from the window sticker so I told him he was a dipshit and I would take my business else were...I got up and started walking out.. When another sales man around 45-50 ish asked me what happened I explained he askied if I would give him a chance I said sure why not...We were walking over to his office when the younger sales man saw asked and said hey what the Fuck that was my customer.. I told him he must not have wantred to make a sale and this guy seems like he does...So then the younger guy punches the older salesman in the mouth and they start boxing :eek: :clap: the older whooped the crap out of him it was funny then the owner cme out and tried to fire them both I stuck up for the older guy he ended up keeping his job at least...I left didnt buy a car from them anyway cause they were still out of range.....What I should have done is jumped in between them like I was trying to break it up and make sure they landed a couple punchs on me I prob could have drove out of there in the new Vette for a real swee tdeal then oh well :dunno: ............

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info