Some basic NOS questions

ponyxpress00

Jan 9, 2007
Some basic Nitrous questions

OK I am new here this board looks Great and hey I live in the area as well..So here we go my question is I am going to put a ZEX nitrous kit on my 2000 GT automatic I want to go with the 125 shot all stock other than cai....Were can I get a good tune in the area or were can I order a tune (chip) for the car...I also am going to go with a gear I am leaning towards the 4:10 will this be ok and were abouts would a 4:10 and 125 shot leave me in the quarter mile thanks in advance...... :headbang:

rocket5979

Gearhead
Nov 15, 2005
Round Lake, IL
ponyxpress00 said:
OK I am new here this board looks Great and hey I live in the area as well..So here we go my question is I am going to put a ZEX nitrous kit on my 2000 GT automatic I want to go with the 125 shot all stock other than cai....Were can I get a good tune in the area or were can I order a tune (chip) for the car...I also am going to go with a gear I am leaning towards the 4:10 will this be ok and were abouts would a 4:10 and 125 shot leave me in the quarter mile thanks in advance...... :headbang:

Tip # 1... Unless your using a NOS brand nitrous oxide kit then you may want to refrain from calling it NOS. This isn't The Fast and the Furious. Just a pointer.

Running a 125 shot on the stocker fuel system can and has been done but your starting to play with fire at that level. You will be pushing your FPDC high enough to not be too comfortable. 100 wetshot is the most reccomended shot for your car. If I were you I would stay away from a dry shot as you will have to mod your fuel system to make it work safely.

Get a N/A tune for the car with 93 octane fuel so you can make the most power while N/A. Bob Kurgan is one tuner that alot of people around here have had good results from. He tunes with SCT primarily but I believe he has expanded his tuning across another platform as wel not long ago.

Once your good on the tune and your typical bolt on mods then install the wetshot of nitrous and go with 1-2 heat range cooler plugs. I suggest going 2 ranges cooler for added safety. After that then just bump the timing down 2 degree through the Xcal2 while still running 93 octane gas on the juice and as long as your jetted correctly, you will be fine.

I could go into much more detail but I don't feel like it, so you get the bland answer for now. :D

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
Very simple: Nitrous= The Shit. Be careful though. We have POS intakes that like to blow up. The more nitrous you use, the more there is a chance of puddling in the intake, and the more there is a change of fucking up your pistons. I got direct port so I wouldn't have to worry about the fuel puddling. However, if you get a WOT activated kit with a window switch, the risk is minimal. As far as what you will run, all i can tell you my mods and what i run. 2000 GT, 5 sp, stock 3.27 gear, BFG Dr's (Huge ass burnout @ launch at 5500), cai, throttle body, centerforce dfx, pulleys. Also line lock, lowered, subframe connectors, and other shit that i'm probly forgetting, but that doesn't really matter. I run consistent 12.6s on a 100 shot.

BAB

"BOX 4"
Sep 11, 2006
dont mean to hijack

but was considering wet kit for my 98 cobra

Is it best to get a fuel pump installed right away??

do u have to get a tune right away??

wanted 100 shot

have

pulleys
TB
LT bbk's
370 gear
Intake
driveshaft...

what other mods are needed?

or should i not play with fire and save for supercharger since i only have 11K miles on the car??

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
Yellowgiser said:
dont mean to hijack

but was considering wet kit for my 98 cobra

Is it best to get a fuel pump installed right away??

do u have to get a tune right away??

wanted 100 shot

have

pulleys
TB
LT bbk's
370 gear
Intake
driveshaft...

what other mods are needed?

or should i not play with fire and save for supercharger since i only have 11K miles on the car??

No fuel mods or tune needed for 100 shot. Obviously you would benefit from a tune, but its not necessary.

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
Yellowgiser said:
interesting... i was reading up on kits on another forum and every other post suggested fuel pump asap....

whats a good kit for sn95 cobra?

Obviously there are a crapload of "suggested" parts when ur running nitrous, all u really need is some colder plugs for 100 shot. Most kits out there are really safe. As time goes on, you'll want to keep modding the fuel/ignition system, but you could put 100 shot on with just the colder plugs and be fine for a long time. I'm not sure what the best kit would be for you, all i know is that alot of our intakes are crap when it comes to fuel puddling, so direct port is a good idea, but it costs alot more.

BAB

"BOX 4"
Sep 11, 2006
N20GT said:
Obviously there are a crapload of "suggested" parts when ur running nitrous, all u really need is some colder plugs for 100 shot. Most kits out there are really safe. As time goes on, you'll want to keep modding the fuel/ignition system, but you could put 100 shot on with just the colder plugs and be fine for a long time. I'm not sure what the best kit would be for you, all i know is that alot of our intakes are crap when it comes to fuel puddling, so direct port is a good idea, but it costs alot more.

how does this one sound??? would a BBK be a good intake??

Thanks....

"
NX WET Kit
Adjustable from 35-150 hp

This is for a complete NX Wet Kit adjustable from 35-150 hp. These kits are complete and ready to bolt on. We are taking orders for the NX Kit for $515 + $15 shipping. This complete kit is as follows:

Part # 20922 Stage One Ford EFI Nitrous Oxide System. This system is adjustable from 35-150hp and designed to work on all 4,6 & 8 cylinder Ford Cars and Trucks with Electronic Fuel Injection including 5.0L & 4.6L Mustangs

10lb. Nitrous Bottle W/High Flow Valve
Heavy Duty Bottle Mounting Brackets,
Lifetime Guaranteed Large Solenoids
Heavy Duty 40 Amp Anti-Flyback Relay
16 Foot Braided Feed Line
Nitrous Filter
Nitrous Activation Switch & WOT Switch
Nitrous Express Shark Nozzle
All neccessary jets for 35-150 HP settings
Complete detailed installation instructions

As for the other accessories, like bottle warmers, purge kits, remote bottle openers etc, that is all extra they are not included in this kit. This kit will bolt on easily and work without those things. If you would like additional accessories shoot me a PM and I can get you separate pricing on that."

getsomebeyatch

Regular
May 28, 2006
Yellowgiser said:
how does this one sound??? would a BBK be a good intake??

Thanks....

"
NX WET Kit
Adjustable from 35-150 hp

This is for a complete NX Wet Kit adjustable from 35-150 hp. These kits are complete and ready to bolt on. We are taking orders for the NX Kit for $515 + $15 shipping. This complete kit is as follows:

Part # 20922 Stage One Ford EFI Nitrous Oxide System. This system is adjustable from 35-150hp and designed to work on all 4,6 & 8 cylinder Ford Cars and Trucks with Electronic Fuel Injection including 5.0L & 4.6L Mustangs

10lb. Nitrous Bottle W/High Flow Valve
Heavy Duty Bottle Mounting Brackets,
Lifetime Guaranteed Large Solenoids
Heavy Duty 40 Amp Anti-Flyback Relay
16 Foot Braided Feed Line
Nitrous Filter
Nitrous Activation Switch & WOT Switch
Nitrous Express Shark Nozzle
All neccessary jets for 35-150 HP settings
Complete detailed installation instructions

As for the other accessories, like bottle warmers, purge kits, remote bottle openers etc, that is all extra they are not included in this kit. This kit will bolt on easily and work without those things. If you would like additional accessories shoot me a PM and I can get you separate pricing on that."

Not to hijack either but if you guys are looking for a nitrous kit I have a complete NX wet kit like the one you just stated 35-150 shot new still in the box (never been used) that i will let go for 480$. I have it posted in fs section.
It is one of the most popular kits and rated one of the best kits out there. at this price it is a steal. Pm me for details if you are interested.
But back to topic you should be safe w/125 shot and gears and you should be able to get a low 12. The only thing i would recomend is a window switch just incase you do miss a shift so you dont puddle your intake and blow up. A bottle warmer is a really good idea too to keep the psi @1000 to make it a real good shot.

BAB

"BOX 4"
Sep 11, 2006
getsomebeyatch said:
Not to hijack either but if you guys are looking for a nitrous kit I have a complete NX wet kit like the one you just stated 35-150 shot new still in the box (never been used) that i will let go for 480$. I have it posted in fs section.
It is one of the most popular kits and rated one of the best kits out there. at this price it is a steal. Pm me for details if you are interested.
But back to topic you should be safe w/125 shot and gears and you should be able to get a low 12. The only thing i would recomend is a window switch just incase you do miss a shift so you dont puddle your intake and blow up. A bottle warmer is a really good idea too to keep the psi @1000 to make it a real good shot.

i feel like a fish out of water, whats a window switch? or a wot switch?

ill check out ur kit :biggthump

BAB

"BOX 4"
Sep 11, 2006
ponyxpress00 said:

im guessing 13's or high 12's...depending on the tires...

getsomebeyatch

Regular
May 28, 2006
A window switch is where the nitrous is only activated at only certain rpm's. I.E. you set up the window between 2400 to 5600 rpm means that the nitrous will only spray through-out those rpm's. This is safe to have because if you miss a shift on a manual tranny you will flood the intake and cause devastating results, but not not always. This is mostly why you here about people completely blowing up there motor because they dont set the nitrous up safely. If you take the right precautions when using nitrous it can be as safe as any other power adder.

So if you buy a nitrous kit make sure you get a wide open throttle switch,or wot switch (most kits come with this already like the one i am selling) and a window switch (msd sells great window switches at good prices).

BAB

"BOX 4"
Sep 11, 2006
getsomebeyatch said:
A window switch is where the nitrous is only activated at only certain rpm's. I.E. you set up the window between 2400 to 5600 rpm means that the nitrous will only spray through-out those rpm's. This is safe to have because if you miss a shift on a manual tranny you will flood the intake and cause devastating results, but not not always. This is mostly why you here about people completely blowing up there motor because they dont set the nitrous up safely. If you take the right precautions when using nitrous it can be as safe as any other power adder.

So if you buy a nitrous kit make sure you get a wide open throttle switch,or wot switch (most kits come with this already like the one i am selling) and a window switch (msd sells great window switches at good prices).

like i said if u still have ur kit in a month, ill snatch it!!!!

how much does it run to installl a kit like that??

getsomebeyatch

Regular
May 28, 2006
Speed inc. in shaumburg does real good nitrous jobs. They are on of the sponsors on this site. They quoted me for 600$ for the nitrous install, but this was for an f-body. It is probably diferent for you though but shouldnt be that far off. Start a thread in svtspeed section asking larry how much the install would be for your car. He is usually real good with getting back to you fast to help you out plus he will answer any questions that you might have still. Hope that helps out.

BAB

"BOX 4"
Sep 11, 2006
getsomebeyatch said:
Speed inc. in shaumburg does real good nitrous jobs. They are on of the sponsors on this site. They quoted me for 600$ for the nitrous install, but this was for an f-body. It is probably diferent for you though but shouldnt be that far off. Start a thread in svtspeed section asking larry how much the install would be for your car. He is usually real good with getting back to you fast to help you out plus he will answer any questions that you might have still. Hope that helps out.

thanks man

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info