Bosch and Delphi 02's FTL

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
*YES I KNOW NARROW BAND O2'S SUCK, I WILL BE GETTING A WIDEBAND SOON*

So ever since I put the headers on ive been really lean at WOT and adding fuel doesn't seem todo much. My O2's were like 890-910 despite the PE @ 11.6 and 3% adding to MAF at WOT. IPW's also very high. I put in a new Delphi O2 at the time of header install. I didn't want togo with a Bosch, and the dealer O2 was just too much money for me. Delphi makes some parts for GM, so I thought the O2 could be just a rebadge of a GM oem part so I bought it. Fast forward months later. A SES light poped up (P0133) O2 Sensor Circuit Slow Response (Bank 1 Sensor 1). The car seemed to drive fine, but I wanted to fix this anyway. I read on the forums this could either be a failing O2 or a bad 02 extension. I examined my O2 extension and it looked fine so I went to search for a new O2 sensor. I wanted to buy a Denso, as I have read good things about them. Went to Pep-Boys, Murray's, Autozone, Napa, Discount Auto Parts, etc no one carried a Denso but they all had Bosch. I said, fuck it and bought a Bosch. I put it in my car, reset my SES light and fuel trims via the PT. Started the car up and went for a ride. First thing I noticed was the LTFT and STFT did not move, they stayed at 0, even after multiple restarts. My timing was also very low and the O2's stayed at 447 all the time. Wasnt long before my SES light popped back on. P0134 this time. HO2S Circuit Insufficient Activity Sensor 1. I dont know how the car was driving with a bad O2 but it was. I took the brand new bosch junk out and put my OEM GM O2 with 85K that I originally removed when I installed the Delphi O2 back in the car. Reset the light, reset the trims, and went for a drive. LTFT's and 02's were normal cruising around, I slowly went WOT, 02's are now 950-970's. I guess I will have to lean it out a tad now. :rofl: Drove around for like 20 min and restarted it a few times. Lets hope this fixed the issue.

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Panda, I'm going through the same god damn thing. I got a new denso when the headers went in, and it threw like 6 codes, scans were all over the place, and ran like garbage. I put the stock 100,000 mile delco back in and it runs great, except for a heater circuit code, so I'm trying to find a replacement AC Delco -- ZZP is out of stock of their $45 ones -- to get this taken care of, but at least the car is running pretty good.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info