00 T/A ac idler pulley

transmaxed

TCG Elite Member
Jun 23, 2008
Palatine
Real Name
Matt
So yesterday I wanted to replace my ac idler pulley as I suspect its what the squeeking noise is coming from (i already replaced tensioner and idler pulleys on main drive to no avail). Anyway the bolt that holds on the pulley is a retaro torx bolt. I got the T50 torx socket and went to work. After trying for a long time and burning myself here and there, i couldnt get this bitch to move. It felt like I started to strip the damn thing so I gave up. Now I have no idea what to do. The dealer wants $115 (1 hour labor) to do this for me. I was shocked they charge an hour labor to remove 1 bolt.
Anyway I dont think anyone can get this thing off without some kinda power tools, lift, and who know what else if I really did strip this thing.
I am so fed up I dont mind paying for this to get done, but I am anal about where my car goes so I dunno where to take it. And $115 bucks for 1 bolt doesnt justify good labor. Any ideas on where to go or who can help?

Mickey

Look at those low rates!
Feb 13, 2008
Normal, IL
Real Name
Mickey Cole
Whats the difference if you snap the shit or the dealership does? If they snap it they're going to charge you extra time to extract the bolt anyway. Spray that bitch down with pb blaster and go to town. Spray it wait a while, spray it again, wait some more and then try to get it out. instead of just forcing the hell out of your wrench or ratchet try to tap the tool youre using with your fist or a hammer.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info