98 2.2L S10 head question

DanJ

>
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 25, 2007
Aurora
My buddy blew a headgasket in his 98 S10 a few months back and we're just now getting around to putting it back together. In the few months that have passed it has completely slipped his mind what connects to a certain part of the head. In the picture below its the hole on the bottom left with the 3 bolt holes around it in a triangular pattern

n220400144_30657155_3782.jpg

That is the intake side btw, any ideas?

DanJ

>
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 25, 2007
Aurora
He doesn't have anything that looks like it would bolt up there, the hole doesn't look like a place where a PCV valve would go. he took it apart using hand tools in a gravel driveway and has since moved so the odds of a part being lost are pretty good. Just trying to figure out what it is so he can get a new one. We're probably gonna go to the JY and just look at one there and get the part. The gasket for it looks like an exhaust gasket.

DanJ

>
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 25, 2007
Aurora
he does have a manual but there wasn't any mention of that plate anywhere. he fabbed a new plate up yesterday and we got the head back in, exhaust and intake manifolds bolted up and when i left he was putting the push rods/rockers back on. that engine is a huge PITA to work on compared to a 3800. I still think the engines gonna blow when he starts it again but we'll see.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info