Made an intake for the s10..

LSx S10

TCG Elite Member
Nov 15, 2007
Lombard, IL
Made an intake for the s10..(updated w/ pics)

i had a 3" long ram with a k&n cone on my cavalier that i took off...was just sitting in the garage so i put it to good use. i got a tbi hat from a cadillac in the junkyard and made the intake fit..i duno i was bored. my buddy has a k&n airbox that he took out of his trailblazer ss so im gonna make something out of that to isolate the filter a little bit better.

Stock(not my truck)
stock3.jpg

and the new

IMG00162.jpg

IMG00161.jpg

Last edited:

LSx S10

TCG Elite Member
Nov 15, 2007
Lombard, IL
Build quality is good. I would just be concerned about having it that close to the radiator. Is there room to get it into a fender?

no..theres no empty space between the fender and the engine bay, and the if i put a hole through the wheel well it will be directly in front of my tire lol..thats why im gonna build an air box for it. pretty much where the filter is now. gonna do it today ill post up pics later when im done.

yea i know its a first gen but its basically the same set up. i need to get a windshield washer fluid resivoir from a first gen though. because its smaller and in a different location. where mine is now, its seriously cutting into my plans for a nice airbox.

i found that hat in city auto parts off of washington but pick n pull of wadsworth had them too. I dont think i want to make a sheet metal one though... kind of like how stock looking this caddy hat is. and if i really wanted to i could run 4" pipe with it. i had to get a 4"-3" adapter

WhiteDevil

Armed
Jan 5, 2008
no..theres no empty space between the fender and the engine bay, and the if i put a hole through the wheel well it will be directly in front of my tire lol..thats why im gonna build an air box for it. pretty much where the filter is now. gonna do it today ill post up pics later when im done.

yea i know its a first gen but its basically the same set up. i need to get a windshield washer fluid resivoir from a first gen though. because its smaller and in a different location. where mine is now, its seriously cutting into my plans for a nice airbox.

i found that hat in city auto parts off of washington but pick n pull of wadsworth had them too. I dont think i want to make a sheet metal one though... kind of like how stock looking this caddy hat is. and if i really wanted to i could run 4" pipe with it. i had to get a 4"-3" adapter

Ill check in my pile of parts but I did pull the old WW res. from my 92 before I had it scrapped.

hint hint, scrap yards pay double to triple what junk yards do.

ill get back to you in a bit. it has dual pumps because it did come off a blazer w/ rear window wiper but I had it disc, and plugged off since I got the thing

LSx S10

TCG Elite Member
Nov 15, 2007
Lombard, IL
well today i got that trailblazer ss k&n air box and made it fit in my truck, also got a new windshield washer reservoir and relocated it to make more room for my filter. i think the end product turned out to be pretty good looking, whatcha think

smaller ww reservoir mounted in the back corner now
IMG00177-1.jpg

trailblazer ss airbox
IMG00169.jpg

finished product
IMG00174.jpg

IMG00175.jpg

IMG00176.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info