How do i fix tailpipe sag?

cyac5l8trfcar

{'''}o_o{'''}
Sep 12, 2005
I'm assuming this is with the new exhaust? well, your supposed to leave everything snug untill you like where the tips are at. Then, starting at the midpipe work your way to the back tightening everything up. Your gonna have to take everything on the cat back loose, pray you didn't tighten the clamps too much and you can still move the tubing, and adjust it. To make things easier, try to get a friend to either watch the tips as you tighten or have them tighten everything up while you watch the tips.

Just because cars like ours are "old" doesn't mean things are going to "loosen up."

Rotzs99

All SHOW no GO
Mar 16, 2006
cyac5l8trfcar said:
I'm assuming this is with the new exhaust? well, your supposed to leave everything snug untill you like where the tips are at. Then, starting at the midpipe work your way to the back tightening everything up. Your gonna have to take everything on the cat back loose, pray you didn't tighten the clamps too much and you can still move the tubing, and adjust it. To make things easier, try to get a friend to either watch the tips as you tighten or have them tighten everything up while you watch the tips.

Just because cars like ours are "old" doesn't mean things are going to "loosen up."

Sounds good, everything still moves well on it, i just loosened a few screw today, but i still couldnt get it where i wanted, I at least got them evenly sticking out, but ill try fixing the sag now.

99 Stangbanger

Phantom Fury
Nov 22, 2004
Lift/support the tail while loose with either a Floor jack (PROTECTED) or a friend) and snug er down. If that dont work check your hangers to make sure they are not worn out ect....And you may even have to heat up the tail hanger on the pipe and bend it DOWN to help rid the sag. Not a big deal just have to work thorugh it. Hope this helps :biggthump

Make sure your system is a bit higher than level as it will sag after clamping. If your mufflers are low the tails will be also. To low and you can ruin the mufflers when going over a speed bump ect.. DONT WANT THAT :crying:

I have a very close friend who owns a muffler/ brake shop in Lombard if you need additional help with adjustments. Shouldnt though!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info