Ford Techs... 2004 Expedition Question....

DSG03COBRA

TCG Elite Member
Mar 2, 2004
Plainfield, IL
My wife's 2004 Expedition has the "tire pressure dummy light" (Orange exclaimation light on the instrument cluster). I know the solid light means that the tires are not all at the same pressure (at least 1 tire is +/- 3lbs off from the others.) That part's a no brainer... There is also a case where the light flashes for 20 seconds upon startup. The user manual just says that means you're using the spare tire, and if you're not using the spare tire to have it checked out ASAP! Well, I'm not using the spare tire, so what gives? I tried disconnecting the battery for 30 minutes, but that didn't do anything.

Is this something I really need to get checked out, or is there something I can do myself? THANKS!

DSG03COBRA

TCG Elite Member
Mar 2, 2004
Plainfield, IL
Thanks man... will my Predator work? I've used it in the past to pull codes off my other vehicles and clear them as well...

Thanks,
Matt

fireball168 said:
It is not seeing one or more of the tire pressure sensors, it will flash for 20 seconds on start up, then again every hour or so. That's the only thing that will make it flash like that.

You'll need a scan tool to determine which sensor is at fault.

DSG03COBRA

TCG Elite Member
Mar 2, 2004
Plainfield, IL
frdtch05gt said:
unless due to mileage,

ding, ding, ding... She's got about 54k miles on it right now so it's out of warranty... unless this would be something covered through 60k miles or something.

Is there something I can clean the sensors with, or something like that? This just started happening about 2 weeks ago when we hit the real warm spell around here... not sure if that would have anything to do with it. :dunno:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• DSG03COBRA
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list