just a question

blubyu

TCG Elite Member
Nov 7, 2004
MGT2002 said:
I'm thinkin about buy the kenne bell 9psi intercooled kit after i save up over the summer, since i be getting a good job hopefully.

question is, how high of psi can i go until i need forged internals? this would be with a good tune aswell. i just wanna make sure the 9psi wont make my motor go pop

Worth a try! 9lbs should be ok. Why not just do a spray? you could rebuild almost for the price of a kenne bell.

cyac5l8trfcar

{'''}o_o{'''}
Sep 12, 2005
blubyu said:
Worth a try! 9lbs should be ok. Why not just do a spray? you could rebuild almost for the price of a kenne bell.

+1 for the spray. if something goes wrong with a blower, i.e. a vaccume leak, oil leak, belt break, etc.... could make you'r pistons meet the oil pan. I'd play it safe and buy the bullet manifold and spray it. Don't use the plastic manifold, i saw one in person shoot into the hood ( on a centrficul blown car).

Ear Rak

Underemployed
Nov 11, 2005
Fort Worth, TX
CobraSusie said:
You may change your mind in a couple of years & more pay,
and end up wanting to buy a Cobra too, then you don't have all this money dropped into your trade ;)

and you can take the nitrous off and put it on the next car...or sell it :biggthump

the plan is to keep this car as long as possible. i also plan to beat on a few stock cobras, maybe some not stock ones :D

voj

Feb 19, 2006
try this...

Instead of Kenne Bell (poor customer service and all) try modularpowerhouse.com for the mongoose kit...mongoose supercharger kit

People have been having great success with this kit (great tune). :biggthump

On a stock gt block you wouldn't want to run more than 9psi...8psi is "safe" and will net you ~360hp. You do not want to push a stock block past 400hp, and with hypereutic pistons "safe" is a relative term. Some guys that have ran the kit have been using it for 2+yrs, while others have not been so lucky.
:burnout:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info