Hid installation!

BlownVenom01

Addict
Mar 19, 2006
Okay i know this is in the wrong forum, but i need an answer quick because i'm installing them right now. My HID 10000k kit came with the typical battery post install wires that we used to install on wills mystic cobra (connect positive and negative and run two wires to ballast with one male pickup wire connected to original headlight). This kit came with what seems like a simpler version though, it has two male connectors that plug into the original headlight sockets and go into the ballast. Than you just add two new fuses to allow for the higher flow? Is this easier way of hooking them up better?

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
yournamehear119 said:
Okay i know this is in the wrong forum, but i need an answer quick because i'm installing them right now. My HID 10000k kit came with the typical battery post install wires that we used to install on wills mystic cobra (connect positive and negative and run two wires to ballast with one male pickup wire connected to original headlight). This kit came with what seems like a simpler version though, it has two male connectors that plug into the original headlight sockets and go into the ballast. Than you just add two new fuses to allow for the higher flow? Is this easier way of hooking them up better?

The HIDs use less current than the stock headlights so you can just use the easy hook up method and skip the relay. I doubt the higher amp fuses are necessary. I've driven with my HIDs for over a week with no problems on the stock fuse.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• BlownVenom01
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list