Brake pedal pulsing

Poopshinanigans

I'm a middle of the titties voter.
Nov 18, 2007
OK, my brothers car is a 2002 PT Cruiser. He drives his car about 400miles every couple of months. Now i usually take his car on short trips so i don't waste my gas.

Here is the problem: When i'm braking the pedal pulses a lot. The steering wheel moves a little, but when you're holding it firmly you can't feel anything. I was thinking it was an end link or something of that nature. The rotors appear to be fine, i dont know how they can get warped when they are never used.

Any help would be appreciated, i'll try and get some more info and what else the car does soon.

Thanks,
Nick

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
OK, my brothers car is a 2002 PT Cruiser. He drives his car about 400miles every couple of months. Now i usually take his car on short trips so i don't waste my gas.

Here is the problem: When i'm braking the pedal pulses a lot. The steering wheel moves a little, but when you're holding it firmly you can't feel anything. I was thinking it was an end link or something of that nature. The rotors appear to be fine, i dont know how they can get warped when they are never used.

Any help would be appreciated, i'll try and get some more info and what else the car does soon.

Thanks,
Nick

Rotors can still get warped from being driven a small amount.

When was the last time the tires were rotated?

Poopshinanigans

I'm a middle of the titties voter.
Nov 18, 2007
I'm thinking its tie rod related. But I'm in need of places to look at when i get under there tomorrow so i'm open for more ideas. The faster i go, when i start braking it is worse. I get that bucking forward and back when i apply the brake and it comes with the pulsing of the pedal.

Last edited:

Nasty93

Nasty93
Oct 17, 2007
The Unit
FYI to "Warped rotors" people, theres no such thing.

(and of course now I Can't remember the technical term for it, fuck me)

excessive lateral run out. aka warped fucking rotor
i work at a dealership and make warranty claims daily for this stuff. its still a warped rotor no matter how you look at it.

rotors at are used LESS are more likey to warp (have excessive lateral run out) based on excessive corrosion

Spicy McHaggiz

The Gangs All Here!
Oct 6, 2007
Hampton, VA
excessive lateral run out. aka warped fucking rotor
i work at a dealership and make warranty claims daily for this stuff. its still a warped rotor no matter how you look at it.

rotors at are used LESS are more likey to warp (have excessive lateral run out) based on excessive corrosion

I knew you'd come in saying it being a GM worker.

Chrisco

is a work in progress
Jan 26, 2008
Downers Grove, IL.
its supposed to go right - - it called the crown of the road - - its supposed to help avoid head on collisions if you fall asleep at the wheel

Actually the main reason for road crown is so that water doesn't pool into the middle of the road. But, the part about avoiding collisions was a nice afterthought.

Back on topic... if the pulsation only occurs when you apply the brakes, that's a warped rotor. IF you have a vibration consistently then it can be a series of other non-brake related components such as wheel bearings, improperly balanced wheels, worn bushings, etc.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info