fast wearing BF Goodrich Drag Radials...

blakbearddelite

I'm not one of your 'shit-hole' buddies!
TCG Premium
Jun 28, 2007
FL
Has anyone had any experience with the BF Goodrich Drag Radials 2's? I've had mine on there for two weeks and they're already bald. I haven't done a single burnout nor taken it to the track....just some real spirited driving. I put maybe 400-500 miles on them. I know they were spinning a lot because they really were not hooking up at all, but I didn't think they were going to be bald after a couple weeks of abuse. Is this normal? I called Tirerack and I expect them to tell me that I abused the tires and it's expected wear. What a waste of $400!

ls1teardown024.jpg

blakbearddelite

I'm not one of your 'shit-hole' buddies!
TCG Premium
Jun 28, 2007
FL
Yeah, I called Tirerack. Haven't heard peep from them yet.

There are a couple of other guys on another mustang forum that said they've gotten 12k street miles from these tires. I never did any deliberate burn-outs on these, but I guess all the times I mashed the gas had pretty much the same effect.

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
Yeah, I called Tirerack. Haven't heard peep from them yet.

There are a couple of other guys on another mustang forum that said they've gotten 12k street miles from these tires. I never did any deliberate burn-outs on these, but I guess all the times I mashed the gas had pretty much the same effect.

don't say that to yourself.

As a consumer, hound them enough, and you will get a fresh set, or a replacement.

Nasty93

Nasty93
Oct 17, 2007
The Unit
most DRs should last atleast 10k miles under normal driving conditions. even so, thats so little mileage to have that bad of a tire. you woulda need to hit up the track about 5 or 6 times to make tires go that quick

I get like 3-8k on mine depending how i drive. my 295s lasted about 8k. i really think these 315s will last me longer at 297 per tire :)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info