Upgraded sways and endlinks, sounds like flat tire?

So I just installed my new sway bars and endlinks. I did this all while the car was on the lift. While driving around now I hear occasionally, not consistantly what sounds like a flat tire. I know I'm going to hear more road noise, but it sounds like the flat tire. All the tires are fine and everything was torqued back to spec. I greased the reccomended parts with the supplied grease. It sometimes happens going straight, more times when turning. It definetly is coming from the front of the car. I looked under the car and nothing seems to have come loose or moved/shifted at all. Only thing I can think of is the torque wrench *popped* prematurely? The nut on the new endlinks were somewhat tough to turn(lock nut). I had a mechanic buddy of mine help me the entire way though the process. Any ideas what could be the problem? Thanks in advance!

I'll have to pop my head under there when I get a chance...the new bar that I installed is basically straight (besides where it comes around for the endlinks) and the old one had a few slight curves in it. What could it be rubbing on? When I installed it I didn't notice anything close to rubbing it.(there was the ps rack and some solid lines of some sort) It almost sounds like something loose? But everything looks good.

Ok time for an update. Can endlinks be adjusted? I thought it was just install and not need to tweak them...that was the impression I was under at least. I looked under the car this morning...the passenger side was almost vertical and the drivers side endlink was like this / . I jacked the car up(as I tried to move the bar but couldn't with the car on the ground) and shifted the bar over towards the passenger side to "even" out the slop. Looked better, slapped the lateral locks on and lowered the car...everything looked like it stayed in place. Well, after a few minutes of driving the sound was worse. It sounded more and more like a flat tire and was occuring every bump basically...WTF? So do you guys think I should put the stock endlinks back on? How will they hold up against the upgraded bar? And I should be able to install this while the car is on the ground/ramps(would be easier I assume)? Do the endlinks adjust or "tweak"? I've never installed a sway bar before but I honestly didn't think it to be this much of a PITA! Thanks guys. Here are some before and after pics....Left two are L and R before and Right are L and R after.

Attachments

• IMAG0094.jpg
    IMAG0094.jpg
    355.9 KB · Views: 16
  • IMAG0095.jpg
    IMAG0095.jpg
    342 KB · Views: 14
  • IMAG0096.jpg
    IMAG0096.jpg
    314 KB · Views: 13
  • IMAG0097.jpg
    IMAG0097.jpg
    348 KB · Views: 11
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info