Can I get my hood painted??

Brutal04

Regular
Sep 9, 2004
Illinois
I need to get an aftermarket hood for intake clearance but... Heres my problem.. The paint was mixed by on the fly.. Heres what the guy said about it.

Porcelain white from House of Kolor (they say it's the brightest white you can buy)
For the pearl coat I started with the pearl coat in the Saturn pearl white which is WA code 287A. I think the only 2 years they came on Saturns was 94 and 98. From that pearl coat I added a ton of blue pearl powder mix from PPG. Then I cleared everything.

I don't think my chances are good that it could be matched.. I think my only option is to get a carbon fiber cowl hood & leave it raw.. ???

Any ideas? :dunno:

Thanks
Carl :burnout:

CobraSusie

Banned
Mar 1, 2004
Brutal04 said:
I need to get an aftermarket hood for intake clearance but... Heres my problem.. The paint was mixed by on the fly.. Heres what the guy said about it.

I don't think my chances are good that it could be matched.. I think my only option is to get a carbon fiber cowl hood & leave it raw.. ???

Any ideas? :dunno:

Thanks
Carl :burnout:
Did he do (any) measurements on the amount of pearl?

If not, and you can get a small piece to me, I can drop it off at my buddys paintshop and he can play with the pearl, he is pretty good,
and I can paint it up for you :biggthump

give me a call if you want to do this (219) 742-4299

Brutal04

Regular
Sep 9, 2004
Illinois
Carguy929 said:
:dunno: I thought the car was gone???? Why get a hood??? Just kidding, I think if you had the hood off and just gave it to Susie that she would have no problems what so ever. Or I have a guy that can do it but it will cost some cash! Oh check your email on Corral.

Later!

D

Hey smart guy!! :nono:

The car might be sold this summer. (??) I plan on building a nice GN motor over the Winter. The GN will be a long project so I thought I would mod up the Mustang & have fun with it untill the end of Summer. :biggthump

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info