goodbye goat

Burtonrider10022

TCG Elite Member
Feb 25, 2008
Milwaukee, WI
Real Name
Yes
I, having gotten a new job, will be regretfully retireing my GTO to a used car lot. I bought mine in september and planned on keeping it forever. with fuel prices this high, i cant afford to drive it on my 115 mile round trip every day... SO, i will be getting an Audi A4 6 Speed 1.8T sport edition. should get about 30 highway... I will own another goat someday, just gotta get back in the game and pull out of debt. i couldnt sell it before because recently gto values droped FURTHER and i would end up flipped. not good. so fornow, i temporarily will be goatless. i wont leave the boards tho.

James

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
Joel
Not many people want to swallow your Kool-Aid, son.

i beg to differ. ive looked at the for sale section of honda-tech and generally the first 5 pages are from the same day.

I'm happy with my honda purchase. almost 40mpg and fun to drive. i've got speed on the backburner, er in the garage...

blakbearddelite

I'm not one of your 'shit-hole' buddies!
TCG Premium
Jun 28, 2007
FL
I think a lot of people don't sit down and do the math before they sell their current car in hopes of getting better MPG. I'm not saying that you're one of them, but hopefully you have sat down and done with math. Sure you're going to be spending less at the pump, but you lose a ton of money on your trade-in. It just seems like you're saving money because you're spending less at the pump, but your just "financing" your loss and spreading it out. If the car is paid off, then it's especially dumb to sell it because of bad MPG.

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
i take offense! alright i dont. i went from a car i payed cash for 3 years ago to a car i payed cash for. If anything i'm making money off the deal AND getting far superior gas mileage.

*Cough* Lower repair and maintenance costs also *Cough*

But yea, What kind of mileage does the goat get on the freeway? how much of a hit are you taking?

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
Joel
*Cough* Lower repair and maintenance costs also *Cough*

But yea, What kind of mileage does the goat get on the freeway? how much of a hit are you taking?

eh, my GTP never had anything major go wrong, nor does it have high repair costs. just the rack and that cost me like $75 for the parts.

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
eh, my GTP never had anything major go wrong, nor does it have high repair costs. just the rack and that cost me like $75 for the parts.

I know the prix doesn't have high repair costs, but repair costs for a CRX are stupid cheap. "Damn, I blew my motor, thats a $150 repair", "Aww hell, an axle snapped, thats another $25", "Got into a wreck, thats almost $100 to replacing all the panels on the whole car"

Mr Baytchos

TCG Elite Member
Jul 8, 2007
Cortland, IL
Real Name
Anthony
I just have a thing against people buying euro's for fuel economy. A friend of mine bought a 1.8 non turbo 2005 Jetta, and it gets a best of 18-20mpg freeway driving.

My GTI got 25 mpg city driving with my foot in the throttle all the time. pretty fuel efficient.....If I can remember I got over 30-35 on the highway cruising at 80.

More fuel efficient than my current car

Burtonrider10022

TCG Elite Member
Feb 25, 2008
Milwaukee, WI
Real Name
Yes
i got a hook up at a dealer, we just lost the auction we were bidding on. this audo future may be short lived lol. ill be getting one between 13,500-15,500 depending on what we can find now. trade the goat, get good APR and should have aroun a 250-270 a month payment.

we were looking at a fully loaded 04 red on blk leather. 6 speed. sport package really clean car, 39k miles, the auction started at 17 grand, and is 'supposed' to drop rappidly before bidding starts, some ass clown took the starting price and bid 17 K. WTF!!! it sold for 18,100. the fuckin the black-books at like 12,800. after transport and markup and stuff tht dealer is gunna charge over 20k for a 15k car. i was stunned. so i have to go find another perfect match.

Chrisco

is a work in progress
Jan 26, 2008
Downers Grove, IL.
the audi is an 04, yes quattro, and my aunts jetta 1.8T 5 speed FWD gets 30-35 + mpg highway evey day, and so im assuming ill be right around 30 w/ the AWD and 6 speed

goat gets 18-19 highay. with a K&N CAI

no offense, but i just feel hondas, cavis, Grand ams are too.... flimsy...i like a heavy-ISH car

Are LS2's that much of a guzzler?

In my 1999 z/28 I got 28-30mpg highway with a 4.10 rear gear! Only other mods were a lid and catback. (yes the speedo was properly calibrated)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info