Focus wont start...

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
Joel
This morning the Wife started up the focus, it started. she put it in reverse; the car stumbled a bit then died. now it wont start. so far this is whats been done.

checked Battery and its good.
I tried disconnecting battery to reset pcm but nope.
Tried 2 different keys thinking maybe the chip was bad.
Removed starter and had it tested at AZ. sounded like shit. the solenoid was good but the starter gear only turned every once in a while.

replaced starter with new one. Nothing.

It doesnt click or anything but has full power inside. i checked for loose wires and corrosion but nothing.

the one weird thing i noticed is the odometer reading does not show up when in the on position. i swear it used to but the wife cant remember.

anybody have any suggestions?

Bob Kazamakis

TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
Joel
Fuel pump??? like there was enough in the rail to run the car for a few seconds, then it dies............

Does It crank??

Is there power at the starter??

Did you wire it back up correctly??

Wiring is correct. its basically like i'm back to square one but have a new starter. it doesnt crank.

i'm going to go triple check all the grounds i can find and trace the wiring from the starter up to the battery and alt.

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
if you have the PATS key like my 07 does, check your in-car fuse box, There is a certian fuse that controls the cluster and PATS controls that if its popped/pulled will cause a dead cluster and a no-start condition which sounds like is what happened. (Yes, cluster lights up and odo turns on with key to on position unless the PATS fuse is blown or something is disconnected relating to that system which is what it sounds like)

Let me know if this helps any, or if you need me to try anything on my car for you.

Last edited:

Bob Kazamakis

TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
Joel
Well i had 2 blown fuses it turns out. both under the hood and both had a picture of the check engine light; no description. replaced both and it started right up. I bought 2 extras just in case it was caused by something else and they blow again.

also replaced the front swaybar end links and no more clunk!

thanks all who helped out!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info