Headers for 69 Impala

Well as the title says, i'm looking for some shorty headers for our impala. I'm trying to find some that fit the stock profile and mount so I can directly swap out for what I have on there now. Everything after the manifolds is brand new.

Anyone know a brand that sells headers like these? Also, any tips for getting the factory header bolts out w/o breaking them? Every time i work on the car so far i have been hitting them with WD40, PB blast or liquid wrench, whichever I happen to pick up.

It's coming pretty good looks about the same I have been working on taking the trim off the fenders. Also I took one approx 8" by 8" piece off the side of the core support and cleaned it, and primed and painted it with rustoleum primer and semi gloss black and it looks NIIICE can't wait to do the rest.

EDIT:

or does anyone know of an exhaust shop that could install the headers and custom do the connection between the header and the exhaust for a fair price. I'm good at R&R parts but I know nothing of custom exhaust.

Last edited:
Here is the deal... here are the stock headers. I took off the heat shround for the 'cold startup' on the passenger side so you can see them completely.

Passenger

IMG_0477.jpg

Driver

IMG_0476.jpg

See how the passenger points straight down? And the driver's side points towards the rear? Of course I would not mind un bolting and bolting on the new ones, that I'm sure I could pull off no problem. But getting it to connect to the pipe would be a diff. story. That's why I wish they sold headers that were an exact swap for these.

Yes yes diff car I know... but on my brother in law's 5.0 Mustang, they have shorty headers that are a DIRECT swap and are just larger better flowing headers.

Since the car has the stock low compression (8.5:1 I think) and has no real mods we stuck with the stock 2 1/4" piping but it's all mandrel bent.

EDIT:

If I recall the Impala and the other full size cars like this one are special for headers because of that power steering box placement... not sure thought but that's what I thought before..

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• G
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list