Fuck Powrtuner

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
Everytime I try to flash the PCM it gets part way through and blue screen! It did it TWO times when I try to partial write. I had to use my other laptop to recover the PCM. Im done fucking around I need a solution, I dont want to keep trying shit and potentially frying the PCM. This brand new laptop is useless if it cant work with this junk ass software. Like I said, my other laptop works FLAWLESS.

Powrtuner 1.2.4 with latest DB update.
Keyspan Adapter
BRAND NEW Laptop
BRAND NEW HD
FRESH Install of Windows XP Pro SP3
ALL Microsoft updates installed
PASS all Dell Diagnostics.

Last edited:

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
The only real problem Ive had was with Nicks PCM. Never had a blue screen error. Do you have the correct .net frameworks installed?

FWIW, one of the first things I invested in was a spare PCM that sits in my trunk. If we put some resources together we could make an outboard setup to hook a PCM up outside the car. Lots of people on GMV6PCM have actually unbricked PCMs that way. Would be nice in case one of us did brick a PCM that way we could throw in the spare, then reflash the original and get it back to a working state.

Last edited:

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
just use the old cmputer then? what the big deal?

James

See the thing is, I bought this new computer because its much faster and has far superior battery life. I got a 9 cell battery, then a 6 cell battery in the media bay. I can get like 15 hours on battery out of this thing vs my old laptops 2-3.

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
panda run memtest and a hd test. u can use UBCD - ultimate bootdisk. it sounds either corrupt memory or bad sectors. if those come up with no errors then we have to look into whats causing the stop error

I ran the Dell Diagnostics with no problems. Im going to run memtest on the ram and the seagate tools on the HD. I somehow think this is related to SP3. Although I believe I had it installed on my other laptop with no problems before I removed it.

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
Ill do some searching and get back to you on the outboard setup. For now, check and make sure you have your correct .net frameware and whatever else the PT needs. I also strongly recommend a spare PCM no matter what kind of tuning software. PCMs are cheap. Id rather be down 30 minutes then a couple days.

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
Fish/PANDA - I just bought an offboard connector from a guy on CGP. It works great. I acually unbricked one of my old GTP PCMs. If you guys need to use one before you build your own...just give me a call.

Sweetness. I actually want to see if Nick has his old PCM. Maybe I can get it to unbrick and give it back to him. I wouldnt feel so bad then. Hehe.

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
did memtest for over a hour, went 2+ passes, no errors. HD passed complete Seagate diagnostic.

I am now running a older version of PT V1.2.3e with the 5/07 DB update. I did a full read to the PCM, made a change then did a full write with no problems. I did not do a partial write yet, but I am going to need to try.

Changed PT version from 1.2.4 to 1.2.3e
Changed DB update from 8/07 to 5/07
Reinstalled Keyspan Drivers
Put USB plug into different spot.
Removed 2nd battery from media bay

Not sure if this did anything, I still need todo a partial write, because thats where it was blue screening.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info