my little project..

LSx S10

TCG Elite Member
Nov 15, 2007
Lombard, IL
this really isnt automotive..but its got a motor:) I've had the need to work on something for sometime now.. been at school in michigan, so this will do for now i guess.. My dad and i built this thing when i was maybe 10. I make it a point to ride it a few good hours every year, just a blast to ride. I call it a mini-bike but i dont know what they actually are.. But yea its been sitting in my barn for the past 2-3 years or so, its getting kinda ratty so i decided to tear it completely down to the bare frame and start fresh. my buddy has a sand blaster so im gonna bring it over there and blast off all the old, peeling paint and throw some primer and then some new gloss red. the plan is to get it working and looking perfect again. the chain likes to pop off a lot so i gotta fix that too..well anyway heres some pics, should be a fun little project.

IMG_1001.jpg

IMG_1003.jpg

Notice the straight pipe i made for it^^ :)

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Nice :bigthumb:

Take it back to school with you :rofl: There was a kid with one of those mini sport bikes in my dorm back in college and we would take turns riding the damn thing around campus at like 2am. He also took it to class and such, and the school never gave him any crap about it.

Where in Michigan BTW?

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
Joel
no i havent. i cant decide if i want to stick with the th350 or try getting that th400. the th400 is beefier in stock form but is heavier and takes more to spin which =hp robbing.

the th350 i have is lighter, lighter to spin and after its rebuilt it will be stronger then a stock th400.

i've got a friend that was going to rebuild the 350 with a hardened input shaft, upgraded clutches & bands, new converter and a full manual valve body.

what do you think?

LSx S10

TCG Elite Member
Nov 15, 2007
Lombard, IL
no i havent. i cant decide if i want to stick with the th350 or try getting that th400. the th400 is beefier in stock form but is heavier and takes more to spin which =hp robbing.

the th350 i have is lighter, lighter to spin and after its rebuilt it will be stronger then a stock th400.

i've got a friend that was going to rebuild the 350 with a hardened input shaft, upgraded clutches & bands, new converter and a full manual valve body.

what do you think?

sounds pretty good to me, for free? and about that motor, when will it be behind the building so i can come get it

LSx S10

TCG Elite Member
Nov 15, 2007
Lombard, IL
eh i think Bob would notice the world formula being gone... he's finicky like that.

we have a few engines that have cracks in the block. can you get aluminum welded?

i dont think so..thats alright ill just rock the 3.5hp for awhile, either way it will go the same speed..just would get there a helluva lot faster with a 15hp lol

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info