What would you do? *Car purchase possible*

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
Down the block from my house is a 1996-1997 Honda Civic Sedan sitting in essentially someones front yard with the hood slightly popped. Its been sitting there for 6 almost 7 months now and has never been moved.

Would you go to that house and knock and ask if they'd want to sell it?

I plan on finally going there after work today and ask about it and see if they'd be willing to sell it, Its a pretty clean bodied car, sunroof, and everything and I have a spare Twincam motor to stuff into a honda now incase the motor is roasted in the thing *and I'd like to buy Kim something a little nicer than 'super beater' that we picked up 2 weeks ago if the opportunity arrives.

So If you would knock, What do you think you'd offer? I figure if I can get it for 3-500 bux I'll snag it regardless of what kind of mechanical issues it may have since I have spare motors and transmissions basically laying around in my shed for the thing anyways. Any input guys and gals?

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
man you've got a thing for pieces of crap :rofl:

no offense meant but you really are a "frugal" buyer

Honestly, the car itself is REALLY sharp, Its got a sunroof, and the body is straight, and no rust, just dirty from sitting for 7 months.

I feel bad that Kims car is so Fugly and thought it would be a nice gesture to pickup something newer/nicer :(

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
The SHO sold on Friday, so we are at just 3 cars right now, My focus, and the 2 civics. If I get this one, I'll only have 3 on my property :p

I figure if I get this green car and its repairable, I'll fix it right away, and sell the Fugly 93 Sedan for a profit, or if the motor in the green car is blown, I'll do the B18 swap into it while me and Kim drive my Focus and Hatch, while we try to visually 'spruce' up the 93 sedan we got so we can sell it for a bit more.

Just an FYI also guys, I'm trying to get a bit of a small enterprise on the side going with my buddy in Mazon buying and selling cars and parts. Which reminds me If anyone needs anything welded up, or any kind of auto repair they don't wanna do it themselves, PM me, and I can get you a price and a time frame, I'll make a thread on it later.

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
The SHO sold on Friday, so we are at just 3 cars right now, My focus, and the 2 civics. If I get this one, I'll only have 3 on my property :p

I figure if I get this green car and its repairable, I'll fix it right away, and sell the Fugly 93 Sedan for a profit, or if the motor in the green car is blown, I'll do the B18 swap into it while me and Kim drive my Focus and Hatch, while we try to visually 'spruce' up the 93 sedan we got so we can sell it for a bit more.

Just an FYI also guys, I'm trying to get a bit of a small enterprise on the side going with my buddy in Mazon buying and selling cars and parts. Which reminds me If anyone needs anything welded up, or any kind of auto repair they don't wanna do it themselves, PM me, and I can get you a price and a time frame, I'll make a thread on it later.

so your buddy is the one that is doing all these motor swaps?

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
so your buddy is the one that is doing all these motor swaps?

No :squint:, He doesn't own an engine hoist, nor is he as obsessed with Honda's as I am. He did however weld up my new muffler after I ditched the fart can, as well as he fabricated a roll pin when I was installing my B+M Short shifter. He also let me use his garage space to replace my transmission so I didn't have to do it in my gravel driveway.

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
I guess talk to them and see whats up with it but it's prolly sitting there for a good reason...and when I say good I mean bad

like Grade A situation would be a blown headgasket or transmission because those are both easy/quick and I have the trans already.

Grade B would be full on blown motor, then I can just swap the other motor I have into it

Grade C would be something suspension related rusted through maybe? *Nose is sitting a little low* in which case its worthless :(

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info