A newb question

99 Stangbanger

Phantom Fury
Nov 22, 2004
:biggthump
I have a 99 snake with a BBK cold air set up and a 65mm T.B with Steeda Pulleys. My quetsion is .... I have a chance to get new 83mm C&L MAf with sheild and K&N filter for cheap $50.00 from a friend with a 2001 GT. He tells me that this will work but I will have to scap my Cold air set up.

I was wondering if I could just take the C&L and put it in place of the stocker MAF and keep the rest of my cold air set up. (I tossed the old factory air box set up)!!! Is this a bad idea or will it work? Will I need to re-program the computer then. I ordered the Predator last week and it should be here any day.

I know your guys know your stuff . :biggthump so please help me out here on this. I am planing on putting a S/C on next winter so will this still be a waste in money?

99 Stangbanger

Phantom Fury
Nov 22, 2004
hj16 said:
It isnt worth it, your stock MAF is fine. Save the money for some mods that will actually make a difference.

Hey thanks alot for your response to my question. I just thought that it may help me gain something not much but every little bit would help. Its a $350.00 part for $50.00 so I thought it would be a good deal. Do you think it would work the way I mention though? Thanks again for your help!!!!

99 Stangbanger

Phantom Fury
Nov 22, 2004
CobraSusie said:
I have a 99 Cobra as well, I would just put the money towards a better
mod, open up the exhaust or something else, not a big enough gain even for the $ ;)
Hey Susie :D
Thanks for your reply and help :biggthump I did open the pipes already and it was a much needed upgrade. B.T.W what was the recall for on the 99 snakes? I heard the computer and the exhaust was hampering the motor and holiding up 10- 15 H.P. Is this true?

I need my Gas tank and oil tank and my fenders on my Shovel Head painted. I want a silver base with black top and tribal. Can you help? It will be prepped by me and ready to shoot. I just dont know how to do good art work. I can paint but art is not my strong suite! I would end up with something looking like a stickman on crack or something worse :dunno: Let me know what you think :D

Tom

CobraSusie

Banned
Mar 1, 2004
99 Stangbanger said:
Hey Susie :D

I need my Gas tank and oil tank and my fenders on my Shovel Head painted. I want a silver base with black top and tribal. Can you help? It will be prepped by me and ready to shoot. I just dont know how to do good art work. I can paint but art is not my strong suite! I would end up with something looking like a stickman on crack or something worse :dunno: Let me know what you think :D

Tom
I can paint it, but newly getting into custom stuff, so I guess I can get n idea what you are looking for and maybe a friend can help me with the artwork
:dunno:

Do you have pics that you can post or send me?

99 Stangbanger

Phantom Fury
Nov 22, 2004
CobraSusie said:
I can paint it, but newly getting into custom stuff, so I guess I can get n idea what you are looking for and maybe a friend can help me with the artwork
:dunno:

Do you have pics that you can post or send me?

Hey Susie,
I looked at all your pictures today and they are AWESOME. Is that a real "R" ?
Anways pretty nice rides and a great collection of pictures :biggthump

I will get some pictures together and send them to your email when I do. I have a couple ideas off my head also I need to put down on paper. I am stuck from wanting tribal and a cross of some ghost flames and tribal combo. I have a couple of pictures of what my stuff looks like now with my bad flame job and I think I could do better this time but why even go there :headbang:

I want it done correct so it looks Awesome as my scooter is all show but the paint it holding it back. I spent 2 month rebuilding everything and adding Chrome everwhere and extra H.P all I need is the finishing touches on the tins.

I have done a few flame jobs on a few of other bikes and my buddy Stock car and lots cardboard :D . Like I said I dont really have a strong back ground in art! My painting is far better than the average person.

Lucky me, when I was in high scooh I got D.U.I and the court gave me community service so I had a few choices to choose where I was going to do my time. One choice was a huge book store putting books away for 1600 hours or the park district cleaning up trash and dog shit :eek: or the citys own BODY shop. Well I guess you know where I went :biggthump

They taught me how to cut out rockers and trunks ect.. all kinds of replacement and then I did such a good job for FREE :cool2: they put me with the painter. :biggthump The best thing I guess you could say from a D.U.I is I got a skill out of it and went to work for a body shop for 1 year befor leaving all the bondo and rust and fumes for banging nails and cutting wood. Man I miss the smell of bondo :eek:

I own My own Home improments business doing windows and doors, siding and gutters ect... I still love to paint on eveything I can but space is always a problem and you can only put so much water on the floor(keeping Dust down) :dunno: befor drowing in it. I wish I had the time and space to dabble with paint and art :rolleyes:

I will get that stuff to you soon. Thanks for your time!!! :biggthump

Tom

99 Stangbanger

Phantom Fury
Nov 22, 2004
CobraSusie said:
I Love the Scent of Bondo too :rolleyes: :eek:h:
Yes, its a real 2000 R #147 to be exact :cool:
:cool2: :eek: :biggthump :clap: ;) :D You rock!!!! Everybody always ask why I dont make my Red snake look like the "R" and My answer is "its not" End of story!

However, I own a Teal Green 93 cobra #15 with 12000.00 miles on the clock bone stock except for the Catback and filter and gears. My mother worked for Ford 25 years and it was a gift from the company to her for all the years of service :biggthump Lucky for me she couldnt drive stick and I was a good kid :rolleyes: Most of the time! Its going to be handed down to my son or daughter if I ever have one :dunno: It been sitting in my Grandmothers garage for most of its life. Its like a bottle of wine. Its only going to get better and worth more as time goes by :biggthump

Tom

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info