Parking lot foul = Corvette front bumper needs new paint.

R6cowboy

Captain Motivation
Sep 28, 2011
Mendota IL
Go out with my lady, neighbors and friends Sunday evening to the local chicken joint. Was a nice day so I take the Vette. So after my oil change as I call it, yeah its that greasy but damn good, I pull the car back into the shop and come to notice where some non-driving dipshit ran their vehicle across the front drivers side of my bumper. So now there are some misc. scratches and a handsized scuff mark addition to my car. How fantastic is that? Well, shit happens I suppose. To bad it happens to people that actually has the decency to pay attention while operating a vehicle and make an effort not to randomly run into other peoples cars in parking lots.

The damage; $30 for chicken, cheese balls, pickles 'n' crispies and brewha, $885 to remove front bumper, prep and repaint.
I gotta say, that's the most expensive chicken dinner I've ever had.

Rant over!

-J.J.

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
Go out with my lady, neighbors and friends Sunday evening to the local chicken joint. Was a nice day so I take the Vette. So after my oil change as I call it, yeah its that greasy but damn good, I pull the car back into the shop and come to notice where some non-driving dipshit ran their vehicle across the front drivers side of my bumper. So now there are some misc. scratches and a handsized scuff mark addition to my car. How fantastic is that? Well, shit happens I suppose. To bad it happens to people that actually has the decency to pay attention while operating a vehicle and make an effort not to randomly run into other peoples cars in parking lots.

The damage; $30 for chicken, cheese balls, pickles 'n' crispies and brewha, $885 to remove front bumper, prep and repaint.
I gotta say, that's the most expensive chicken dinner I've ever had.

Rant over!

-J.J.

$0 deductable Comp coverage.

I just changed all of my cars over to that from $500 and it went up a whopping $23 every 6 months.

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
Wait until you start making claims and it goes up. The insurance gets their money... Trust me.

It wont' go up, because I'm not going to claim for silly stuff. But anything that goes down to bare metal, or would require some kind of body work to fix is worth it. As far as my insurance going up from a comp claim I doubt it will unless I'm submitting claims all over the place.

This is strictly for stuff that if not fixed now would cause major paint/body issues later. Little rock chips and such don't count.

R6cowboy

Captain Motivation
Sep 28, 2011
Mendota IL
my buddy paints corvettes quite often... knows the fun stuff attributed to fiberglass. where are you located?
Thats cool K J. Just to let you know the bumpers are plastic though, not fiberglass like the rest of the car. I'm in Mendota btw.

Whenever possible I always try to park away from other vehicles. The parking lot was jammed packed so I parked in a grassy area near the entrance right next to a light pole. So the car stuck out like a sore dick. Yeah it wasn't an actual parking spot but usually people understand and many would do the same.
And making an insurance claim isn't worth it. Especially since my deductible is 115 bones more then the price to repair it. Its all good though, I did my best to avoid an incident as this so I'm not gonna beat myself over it. Even though I can think of a few other things I'd rather spend $900 on.

R6cowboy

Captain Motivation
Sep 28, 2011
Mendota IL
Did you back your car up into a spot?
Not exactly. I pulled into an area of grass near the parking lot entrance. Enough room for one car only. The only vehicle parked near my car was a new pick-up that was parked about 10 ft. behind me in the same grassy area, so the truck and I were parallel parked in other words. I did this because the rest of the parking lot was packed.

That would only happen to someone who actually cares about their car too it seems. You could have the biggest POS sitting in the parking lot and a suhweet corvette and I guarantee the corvette would get hit before the POS anyday.
Right, seems that way.

nick122590

TCG Elite Member
Jul 10, 2011
IOWA
That would only happen to someone who actually cares about their car too it seems. You could have the biggest POS sitting in the parking lot and a suhweet corvette and I guarantee the corvette would get hit before the POS anyday.

no. i drive a pos 92 century... fucker has dents all over it from people slamming their doors into it. kinda why i dont want to buy a nice daily

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info