09+ Dodge Challengers

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
Any input guys/gals?

Miss Esa is thinking about getting rid of her truck (08 Tacoma TRD/SR5/Off-road/Supercab/Manual/V-6/etc/etc) and picking up a Manual/RT Example of a Dodge Challenger.

Generally I've heard nothing but good things about them mechanically/visually, anyone heard otherwise?

Yes it's a bigger/slower than the Mustang/Camaros, but it's been something she's wanted for as long as I can remember (and not my decision obviously).

Any things to avoid for 09's? Looks like they added a TON to the warranty for 2010's (5 year/100K powertrain).

I did some prodding around online, and didn't spot much of anything in the way of red-flags for these cars.

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
08 Tacoma TRD/SR5/Off-road/Supercab/Manual/V-6/etc/etc

:gives: u could have just said 08 Tacoma :rofl:

My dad has had no real issues with his 06 300C SRT8. Other then one of the HID ballasts going and the stock pads making excessive brake dust. Although the car does have under 20K miles.

He had a 05 300C before that and that car developed a oil leak at low miles. He sold it to a friend and the trans reportedly blew at like 70K.

I have no experience with the new dodges. I think they ride/handle well for heavy boats.

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
:gives: u could have just said 08 Tacoma :rofl:

My dad has had no real issues with his 06 300C SRT8. Other then one of the HID ballasts going and the stock pads making excessive brake dust. Although the car does have under 20K miles.

He had a 05 300C before that and that car developed a oil leak at low miles. He sold it to a friend and the trans reportedly blew at like 70K.

I have no experience with the new dodges.

I included details in case someone had any interest in the truck.

And I'm glad you shared your experience, but per my original post:
09+, Dodge, Challenger, Manual, R/T....

The SRT8 300 really doesn't share any aspects with the car she wants to look at.... (6.1 motor, Auto trans, Chrysler sedan......)

Was his old 300C a 5.7 powered car I assume?

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
They are all LX cars (hemi motor, LX Platform, etc, etc, etc, etc............)

I'm aware of that, but a manual 5.7 challenger has VERY little else in relation to an SRT-8 300... Different motors (albeit same family), Different transmissions, different suspension, probably different rear end/diff, different interior, different steering ratio/rack, the list kinda goes on and on...

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Very comfortable and has more trunk and backseat room than the Mustang/Camaro. The R/T handles sloppy with noticeable nose dive and squat but is a great cruiser and sounds good. More practical than the others but also less fun to drive.

willizm

Very Nice, Very Evil
TCG Premium
May 13, 2009
The Woodlands, TX
Very comfortable and has more trunk and backseat room than the Mustang/Camaro. The R/T handles sloppy with noticeable nose dive and squat but is a great cruiser and sounds good. More practical than the others but also less fun to drive.

This, they have such a huge trunk that you could store at least 7 dead hookers. Not sure if she needs that much dead hooker storage, but it's something to consider. The camaro trunk is laughable. It's decent size, but such a narrow opening.

Primalzer

TCG Elite Member
Sep 14, 2006
It doesn't look very big, but the thing is massive, and I've noticed that the blind spots (especially in the Challenger) are the size of small countries. I've heard nothing but good things about the ride as a cruiser. And the engine/suspension/etc minus the transmission has been around for 7+ years without a huge outcry of maintenance issues, other than it seems little stuff.

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
Didn't you post about 3 months ago something about not being able to afford the truck?

The fundamental issue remains the same (It's in her mothers/parents companies name). I was going to buy it off of them to absolve her mother from the title, but it never came to fruition.

Everything job related ended up working out fine (for the better in fact) for her, but her mother will not release the title to her until it's paid off, and will also not let her pay it off early..... (again, I suspect it's just something with the insurance/company ownership/etc...)

However, her mother WILL let her trade it in, and get a replacement in her own name...

Miss Esa

Just 3 raccoons in a trench coat.
Feb 4, 2012
Wheaton, IL
Real Name
Theresa
This, they have such a huge trunk that you could store at least 7 dead hookers. Not sure if she needs that much dead hooker storage, but it's something to consider. The camaro trunk is laughable. It's decent size, but such a narrow opening.

Oh good, I was curious as to how many dead hookers I could fit back there. I usually only have to transport 2 or 3, but you never know...

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
Her mom sounds nutty

:hsughlol:

She has a 9 year old grudge about me peeling out in their neighborhood... Of the house I'll shortly be renting :bowrofl:.

Oh good, I was curious as to how many dead hookers I could fit back there. I usually only have to transport 2 or 3, but you never know...

We can always borrow Kevs truck if we need to transport more than 8 of them.

smug

Please go back to eating crayons
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2007
Cedar Lake, IN
Real Name
Dan Erickson
After working a a few of them in the bodyshop I have noticed the sheet metal is extremely thin. New fenders coming out of the box that are cracked at the rolled edge. Also the paint quality on one that I remember was just horrible, it was the worst factory paint job I have ever seen.

willizm

Very Nice, Very Evil
TCG Premium
May 13, 2009
The Woodlands, TX

I'm glad you find the challenger satisfactory for your dead hooker needs. Might I recommend that black would compliment the activity of transport of said hookers as night falls the car will be less visible to those that wish to stop you from your dead hooker storage and transportation. Also you might want to rhino line the trunk.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info