Cafe Racer's

99PONTIACGP

TCG Elite Member
Oct 3, 2008
Chicago
Real Name
Mike
Cruising Craigslist and ran accross this ad: http://chicago.craigslist.org/chc/mcy/2783855633.html

To me, this bike seems cheap. I've always liked the cafe racer look... and this is very close to where I live.

Now, building a cafe racer, what's all involved in that? I'm sure there more to it than just a seat and handlebars. Would this be a good bike to do that to? Is building a cafe racer expensive?

Discuss :D

bikrboy128

Some say.....
TCG Premium
Jul 15, 2007
Wheaton
i would research part availability before jumping into an older japanese bike like that. some of these bikes have parts everywhere, and others could have to be ordered from japan (which gets expensive, seriously)
as for building a cafe racer, it's up to you how far you want to go. you can change the seat, the bars, the tank, turn signals/headlight/tail light, chop the mirrors off, change the exhaust...etc etc. there really isnt a cookie cutter way of doing it.
i dig the cafe racer look, and i've thought about doing one too. good luck! a build thread would be in order if this happens

KAR

Rip Riski
Jan 4, 2010
Elk Grove
:werd: but my vision is completely lacking into seeing how to turn that bike into a cafe racer.

This is what I think when I think of cafe racer
hogbitz.jpg

My brother owns one of these, 1978 Harley Davidson sportster cafe racer
attachment.php

KAR

Rip Riski
Jan 4, 2010
Elk Grove
yamaha-xj-550-cafe-racer-3.jpg

http://caferacerspecial.blogspot.com/2011/03/yamaha-xj-550-cafe-racer.html?m=1

That looks sick to me but also looks like some decent fab.

If you're looking to build a cafe racer easily I'd stick with Hondas pre 1978.

That is bad ass looking, I'd say anything pre 1980 of any make would be the easiest to convert into a cafe racer.

Have any of you seen the tv show on speed called Cafe racer? Pretty cool show and they go through some of the build processes on different bikes and turning them into cafe racers.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info