My 1997 Explorer Sport, 5 speed, 2wd, will have a V-8 shortly:

IMG_0942.jpg

IMG_0943.jpg

*About this height, 3 inch drop*

IMG_0039.jpg

Or lift it and do a spindle/shackle lift

*about this height, 3-4 inches, the tail would sit a spec taller than this pic*

wi9fgm.jpg

It's only like $400 to go either way honestly, and there are no other V-8 swapped sports that are 2wd/5 speeds. Vote!

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
now this is your explorer? the one thats getting the v8 swap, correct?

you also have a ranger is i recall correctly...i think that was you on here. and this white explorer, is yours? 5spd swap?

The orange ranger has gone to the Crusher, and my Green ranger sold a while ago.

This truck has been my DD since June or so. This specific explorer is actually originally a 5 speed truck (the V-6 explorer offered 5 speed, the V-8's didn't). There was a great write-up posted on how to get a damn near perfect 5 speed 5.0 swap for these trucks using all OEM stuff.

Correct me if i am wrong, but i do believe it is also supercharged.

Ditching the Supercharger, it's just going to be a fun DD that runs on 87 Oct. Kinda backing down on all fronts since I bought the mustang and am after a house.

:rofl:

I'd just leave it alone. Those big ass wheels are going to slow it down plus it's 2wd.

Not really intending to make this a balls to the wall fast truck, so I don't care if it's slower lifted. Just something fun to putter around in when the weather sucks.

Thread Info