Icon Derelict 1952 Chevrolet Business Coupe

Primalzer

TCG Elite Member
Sep 14, 2006
icon-derelict-52-chevy.jpg

Icon was kind enough to roll out two vehicles at SEMA 2011 including the company's latest Derelict project. We found this 1952 Chevrolet Business Coupe is a welcome sight among the flashy, polished-to-death SEMA masses. With its Art Morrison chassis, completely reworked suspension, CNC-machined steelie reproduction wheels and a 430-horsepower aluminum General Motors 6.2-liter V8 engine, Icon's latest Derelict is nothing short of a SEMA masterpiece. The level of execution and attention to detail on the vehicle, from the glass bottle burp tank to its buffalo and alligator seat covers, is phenomenal.

Icon has already produced a handful of Derelict projects; vehicles with original patina and reworked engine and chassis components. The company says that it can perform the same service on any vehicle from the 1930s to the 1970s. Judging from strong reader response to our earlier post on this vehicle, you've already gone gaga right along with us based on the press shots alone. Here's your chance to get a little closer to the restomod action with our in-person gallery.

Full Gallery - http://www.autoblog.com/photos/sema-2011-icon-derelict-1952-chevrolet-business-coupe/#photo-4578374/

I for one very much enjoy that rusty beat down look, wonder if it is really worn, or done with paint to resemble being worn, either way :bigthumb:

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
Joel
If you're trying then its stupid. If you take a car that looked like that and modernize it up then thats cool as shit.

There was a sick ass wagon in a hot rod mag a few months ago. Similar setup. New drivetrain and suspension but the exterior and interior were original beat up 60's

Runtz52

Runs like a turtle with downs syndrome
Oct 7, 2008
Manhattan
If you're trying then its stupid. If you take a car that looked like that and modernize it up then thats cool as shit.

There was a sick ass wagon in a hot rod mag a few months ago. Similar setup. New drivetrain and suspension but the exterior and interior were original beat up 60's

i saw that the other day, it was a 66 nova wagon with a twin turbo 6.6L duramax in it

Larry@AMS

Regular
Jun 20, 2011
Full Gallery - http://www.autoblog.com/photos/sema-2011-icon-derelict-1952-chevrolet-business-coupe/#photo-4578374/

I for one very much enjoy that rusty beat down look, wonder if it is really worn, or done with paint to resemble being worn, either way :bigthumb:

I love these rides and would love to do one myself sometime.

I got my 58 caddy on the burner right now. once my fucking vette runs the number I want, I am gonna get going on it. No fake rust on mine though.

cars054.jpg

Love it!

Poopshinanigans

I'm a middle of the titties voter.
Nov 18, 2007
I remember when he was a guest on the show when Stacy David had it. Kevin had a hardcore mullet back then :rofl:

I actually don't get the point of the show anymore. Extreme 4x4 covers trucks and musclecar does plenty of paint and bodywork :dunno:

All the shows are about the same. Horsepower did Rick Bacons blazer and does the engines for all the others shows projects, musclecar does the paints, and search and restore is all them mashed up for a good cause.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info