Tire losing air...

98GTPDriva

TCG Elite Member
Jun 24, 2008
Just after I came home from work on Friday, I noticed that my one front tire went about half flat. Saturday morning I went to see if I could find the leak (i.e. screw, sharp object, etc.) and the tire did not deflat anymore than when I first noticed it on Friday. I went over the tire several times with water/soap and I could not find a leak anywhere. I could not hear anything either.

I filled the tire again, put it back on and it has not lost any air in over a day. I took it for a drive this morning and no problems at all... I even got it up to highway speeds of 70mph.

My tires still have about 20-25k left on them, so the treadwear is still pretty good. The rim is not bent either.

What gives? Could this have been some freak thing? Or could there still be a leak somewhere?

blakbearddelite

I'm not one of your 'shit-hole' buddies!
TCG Premium
Jun 28, 2007
FL
check around the tire bead where the tire mounts to the wheel, ive seen them corrode up inside and the corrosion gets between then tire, and wheel, and leaks. just spray soapy water on both sides and watch, even check around your valvestem.

^this

I had a Grand Marquis where the wheel corroded so bad that it leaked. They bead blasted and resealed, problem solved.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info