My day under the hood

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
I was gonna do a plug swap and N* install along with the LQ1 MAF. I started by taking the old TB off. The guy RTVed the shit out of both the TB and both sides of the adapter plate. Had to pry the TB off the adapter, then hammer the adapter off the blower. That was fun.

Threw on the N* TB adapter with some good ole RTV. Decided to let that dry and switch to plugs. I rock the engine forward and there is a shit load of wires and lines in the way of the plugs and wires. Ive never seen anything like it. Every other GP Ive worked on I was able to get a wrench back there and get the plugs. I couldnt in my car. So I decided to leave them and Ill worry later.

Go back to the TB. It has its own rubber gasket so no RTV on the TB side. Get the TB on along with the MAF and I start the car to check for leaks. Now there is another problem. Aparently in 04 they moved the EVAP purge onto the blower and its right there where the throttle bracket is for the N* so I could get it open 20% if that. Take that off and now I need to block off the opening. I sat there and asked myself what Ron Vogel would do. :rofl: So here was my answer.

IMG_0024.jpg

Took the PCV cover from that POS miller blower I had and took a cutting tool to it so it would fit. Then RTVed it and bolted it on.

Start putting everything back together and now I cant get the HAI installed since the filter is hittin the fenderwell and I cant get it hooked to the MAF. So I have to get a 7" filter and hope that fits. Right now its just the elbow and no filter. Im relying on the MAF screen for now.

DLed the LQ1 MAF tables and used my trusty DHP Powertuner to import them into the PCM. (fuck you and fuck your HPT silentD) I really wont have much time until Friday to get the 3.5 back on and do some last nanosecond tuning going on.

Anyone upgrading to a gen V and using a L67 TB?? I was even nice enough to clean it up.

IMG_0025.jpg

IMG_0026.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• Fish
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list