Pitching my Accessory / SC Belt

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
Got all my shit figured out finally, but my SuperCharger/Accessory belt has taken a new fondness to being flung off...

When I first stepped down to the 8PSI pulley one of my idlers was off and the belt was riding on the lips of several of the pulleys while under WOT (Found this out the night my Crank sensor failed)

I fixed the idler, but now after a few WOT pulls I pitched the belt completely... The belt initially fit TIGHT AS HELL to the point where I was worried about it being too tight. Is it possible that the belt is now stretched since it rode on the lips of the pullys? And/Or is it possible that my tensioner needs to be replaced because of the 8PSI pulley? (100K miles, stock affair)

CrunkMaro

DurkaDurkaTerrorist
Jun 17, 2010
from my own personal experience with females, i've noticed that sometimes the ligaments keeping everything tight tend to get worn out after a few rowdy sessions of all-out-action. usually riding causes more wear and tear, after 100k sessions, its bound to not be as tight as it was when it was fresh...

sometimes you just have to replace the worn out one with a new fresh untouched one. just make sure you obtain it legally.

GTwolf

TCG Elite Member
Oct 11, 2009
from my own personal experience with females, i've noticed that sometimes the ligaments keeping everything tight tend to get worn out after a few rowdy sessions of all-out-action. usually riding causes more wear and tear, after 100k sessions, its bound to not be as tight as it was when it was fresh...

sometimes you just have to replace the worn out one with a new fresh untouched one. just make sure you obtain it legally.

:bowrofl:

POS Neon

Wang So Hard You Get Heart Mumer
May 10, 2009
NorthLake

Coming from the hindi that uses horse tranquilizers to fuck for 8 hours straight.... :jihad:

C.Evans

TCG Elite Member
May 21, 2011
Sycamore, IL
I'd use a long straight edge/square to make sure all of the pullies are in line with each other. I had an issue like this as well with my power steering pump bracket. The billet bracket I got from March pushed the P/S pump pulley too far foreward and it caused the belt to ride on the lip of the crank pulley. Figured it out using a straight edge.

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
I'd use a long straight edge/square to make sure all of the pullies are in line with each other. I had an issue like this as well with my power steering pump bracket. The billet bracket I got from March pushed the P/S pump pulley too far foreward and it caused the belt to ride on the lip of the crank pulley. Figured it out using a straight edge.

The only pully that's 'moved' is the SC pulley that I had to have machined... I'll be all kinds of :fu: if we machined too much off...

The idlers for the blower pulley are on the back of the belt and don't have lips :dunno:

CrunkMaro

DurkaDurkaTerrorist
Jun 17, 2010
Coming from the hindi that uses horse tranquilizers to fuck for 8 hours straight.... :jihad:

hindi is a language kenny.

sheez.

:p

damn catholics.

ps. your sister loved it :)

in all seriousness though...

same thing happened to me with the powerdyne on my yellow camaro that happened to cevans. the bracket i made pushed the pulley too far forward and it was riding on the lip of the other pulleys and tore the hell otta it.

POS Neon

Wang So Hard You Get Heart Mumer
May 10, 2009
NorthLake
hindi is a language kenny.

sheez.

:p

damn catholics.

ps. your sister loved it :)

in all seriousness though...

same thing happened to me with the powerdyne on my yellow camaro that happened to cevans. the bracket i made pushed the pulley too far forward and it was riding on the lip of the other pulleys and tore the hell otta it.

I ain't catholic your durka durka motha fucka. Im still waiting to go to the bar, homo.

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
shoulda had me measure it :s00ls:

toss the old pulley back on and see if your still having the problem? is the tensioner indicator still in the tension zone?

I finally took a closer look the next morning, and my truck ate/warped on of the plastic idlers! I replaced it with a metal 3 inch one off of a 'unnamed' GM application.....

Been solid since, still need to get my tune sorted out and fix my trans leak.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info