I ponder

wombat

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Sep 29, 2007
WI
I had an idea yesterday, that I could use some input on.

As you all know, my brother has a slomaro in the garage that's basically a hunk of shit, and a 90 integra.

Think it'd be less money to boost the teggy, and have it run 12s/11s, or to build up the camaro and have it run what matt wants (10s)?

Input?

Personally, I think it'd be more fun to boost the teggy...One it's manual, two it's a lot easier to work on, 3, it's got a lot of market. but correct me if I'm wrong.

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
I had an idea yesterday, that I could use some input on.

As you all know, my brother has a slomaro in the garage that's basically a hunk of shit, and a 90 integra.

Think it'd be less money to boost the teggy, and have it run 12s/11s, or to build up the camaro and have it run what matt wants (10s)?

Input?

Personally, I think it'd be more fun to boost the teggy...One it's manual, two it's a lot easier to work on, 3, it's got a lot of market. but correct me if I'm wrong.

You can get a gutted teggy into the 12's VERY easily. LS/Vtec swap the thing and spray it, or pop a B18B head onto it, and toss maybe 10-12PSI of boost at it. B18 head = $75, junkyard turbo kit = $1000 with fuel management etc.

However, you can get the slowmaro into the 12's gutted out, with a big block i'm sure. but 10's costs a fair amount of money no matter how you cut it.

Last edited:

wombat

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Sep 29, 2007
WI
Exactly what I was thinking...The market for teggys is redic...so it's going to be easy to obtain parts, and for fairly cheap...however, for an LS1, and everything else...because if he wants to run 10s on the body it has now, it's gonna break at the first pass. because from what i read you need a better rear end, roll cage, and everything. It's going to be a lot of work that's hard.

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
Exactly what I was thinking...The market for teggys is redic...so it's going to be easy to obtain parts, and for fairly cheap...however, for an LS1, and everything else...because if he wants to run 10s on the body it has now, it's gonna break at the first pass. because then you need a better rear end, roll cage, and everything. It's going to be a lot of work that's hard.

Keep in mind, I blew my stock differential with a stock Integra engine in my civic. Driver mod for the win.

Stink Star

Don’t Drive Angry!
TCG Premium
Jan 20, 2008
Big wood cock
the camaro is gonna be a better choice, imho. true you could make the integra pretty fast for not so much money, but with the camaro there is an even bigger aftermarket and you will be able to go 10's or whatever much safer and more reliably. forget all that summit and jegs crap... if you go to an engine builder and tell him you want a no frills engine that can get a third gen into the 10's, they can set you up with something that will be much cheaper than the intrgra setup. it will also be the simplist of engines to maintain and modify. no ecu swaps, strange head/block combinations, or even exotic fuel systems to deal with. prettymuch just gut everything the car doesnt need, and pop in a motor with about 400 true horsepower and spray the piss out of it. honestly the chassis/ rear diff should cost you more than the engine combo by about double to get you to that goal.

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Aftermarket support for Chevy small blocks has been around for 50 years. If you want power on the cheap, a carbed Chevy will do it much easier than the Integra. Plus there are dozens of performance shops/engine builders who can do the Chevy, while it seems harder to find a quality tuner/import shop.

Go to Chevyhiperformance.com or hotrod.com com and read the dozens of small block Chevy builds.

wombat

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Sep 29, 2007
WI
I would like to work on the chevy with him, because well it'll be easier and a lot more fun to build, but it doesn't seem he wants to do anything. Only reason I even mentioned the teggy is because i know you can basically boost it, tune it and call it a day.

Lord Tin Foilhat

TCG Conspiracy Lead Investigator
TCG Premium
Jul 8, 2007
Privy Chamber
i was thinking about this last night. im going to gut the fuck out of the chevy, sand it down, spray prime, then spray it flat black lol and call it a day. i could give a fuck about how it looks.

after gutting it, ill probably go with a cage. i still havent decided on what engine route to take, but a ls1 is looking like the right choice.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info