Help..Oil Warning light Minivan

Aircal

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Nov 10, 2008
Countryside
Real Name
Tom callahan
Our van has had some really bad fluid leaks, so today I replaced the transmission pan. And pulled the oil pan and replaced the gasket.
I know it has been run low on both a couple times. And lately when stopped the check oil light and beeper would go on until the van moved again. Now anytime the rpm.s drop to 1100 it goes on and stays on until somewhere between 1500 and 2000.
Checked the oil its right at max. Could it be to much? Also a qt of synthetic got dumped in with 4 qts of reg oil.
My guess is the oil pressure is to low, maybe oil pump is going bad?
2000 Chryslar Voyager. 3.3 liter. Rebuilt engine installed at 93k, now at 185k.
Any ideas ? Something I missed when I pulled the pan?

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Not sure where it is on the 6, but the four cylinder has the sending unit halfway up the block on the passenger side. It would start leaking and building up crud around the base when it started to go bad. Not sure if they all fail the same but worth a quick look.

02BlueGT

No Fucks Have Been Given
Feb 21, 2008
Now apearing in Hanover Park
I would agree with the sensor if it was all the time, the symptoms you are describing seem to lead to excessive wear in the bearings... Low speed all the oil pressure leaks out the loose bearings, higher engine speeds there is enough volume to overcome the leaks and build pressure..... Stock pressure warnings usually go off at 5 - 10 psi.... Try the sensor, but sounds like motor replace/rebuild time

bikrboy128

Some say.....
TCG Premium
Jul 15, 2007
Wheaton
I would agree with the sensor if it was all the time, the symptoms you are describing seem to lead to excessive wear in the bearings... Low speed all the oil pressure leaks out the loose bearings, higher engine speeds there is enough volume to overcome the leaks and build pressure..... Stock pressure warnings usually go off at 5 - 10 psi.... Try the sensor, but sounds like motor replace/rebuild time

agreed. especially since the engine in question has been run low on oil so many times.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info