Horrid Experiance: Carpartswholesale, Avoid them.

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
Just steer clear of this online vendor, period.

I ordered my MSD coils through them due to a solid price, and availability.

I placed the order Monday the 12th, observing that the website stated "Allow up to 48 hours to ship and receive tracking information". No email, nothing. Checked online and it said my order didn't exist... talked to the 'online chat' person, and they informed me there was still no shipping information from the vendor, and that I should be getting information within the next 2 days. I pointed out that MSD was closed Sat and Sunday and that Carpartswholesale stated on their website that they didn't ship on those days either... The online chat person insisted that was all they could do. I stated that it was pointless and I needed the part BY friday, and to cancel my order. They then told me they "Submitted a cancellation request but it may not make it in time to stop the order". Called back today since I STILL had no new information and had to talk to a supervisor to get a clear answer that yes my order had been cancelled and I will be credited back...

So Cliffs:

They just a big drop-shipper who don't actually stock the parts they sell, Ended up buying OEM coils since I had some store credit from Autozone laying around. They advertise 4-5 day shipping and less than 48 hours to get tracking information, but this advertisement is pointless for a drop-shipping auto parts company since they don't actually CONTROL the shipping....

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
I try to avoid small/amateur looking mail order companies. At least it sounds like you'll get your money back.

Summit/jegs pretty exclusively or one of the 3 make specific mail orders that exist for my cars.

They look pretty sharp/big from their website, and offer some of the best prices. I'm relieved that it sounds like I'll get my full refund back as well, but still figured I'd post so if anyone else is looking for a part and expecting it in a timely fashion to avoid these guys.

I've ordered from Summit a handful of times and have had nothing but good experiences. I've learned my lesson to stick with what I know, Summit, Atlantic speed, and Winners Circle.

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
This is how a LOT of performance parts companies work. I've ordered from large suppliers that drop ship directly from the mfg. My Exedy clutch kit came direct from Exedy since it wasn't in stock.

I know it is, and I understand why they do it that way. I have no problems with drop shippers (I love Atlantic speed for example, and I know that's what they do.)

My reason for telling people to steer clear is they advertise an initial 48 hour maximum email with tracking information, and then 4-5 day shipping. Neither of those things occurred, and 8 days later the item hadn't even shipped yet...

Complete lack of communication and failure to hold up to their advertised time/shipping promises...

jason05gt

TCG Elite Member
Jan 17, 2007
Naperville
I know it is, and I understand why they do it that way. I have no problems with drop shippers (I love Atlantic speed for example, and I know that's what they do.)

My reason for telling people to steer clear is they advertise an initial 48 hour maximum email with tracking information, and then 4-5 day shipping. Neither of those things occurred, and 8 days later the item hadn't even shipped yet...

Complete lack of communication and failure to hold up to their advertised time/shipping promises...

That's not cool, but it is hard to get accurate timing from third party vendors. Seems like they over-committed....They should spell out that timing might change for un-stocked items.

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
tumblr_lqyex4GkIl1qazeju.png

esteinmaier

Dark Helmet
Jun 17, 2008
Well, I can tell you that much of my stuff is drop-shipped as well. When one of my suppliers has 130 different items and they all cost me more than $1000, it's impossible for me to keep them all in stock. In fact, it would hurt my cash flow to keep 3 in stock. But since that specific supplier ALWAYS gets anything I order out same day or next day, it's much better for me to pay a little more for each item than have 200k tied up in one line of inventory. I personally don't feel that it's a bad way of doing business.

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
I don't see a problem with drop shipping....it makes sense but adjust for that in your shipping guarantee.

I don't see a problem with it either, Just posting that I had a bad experiance with this vendor specifically because they don't notate what they do and don't have shipped from their warehouse/Vendor/special order (Like Rock Auto does for example), and made promises they can't keep on their shipping times.

if you bought an item from a vendor and they told you "5 days absolute, worst-case scenario maximum" and day 6 rolls around and you don't even have shipping info would you buy from them again?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info