3.8 Camaro question

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
These guys have done jobs for me 3 times:

International Auto Glass

www.internationalautoglass.com/International Auto Glass Locally owned and operated since 1991. Serving all of Chicagoland with quality auto glass repair and replacement at our
2S781 Illinois 59, Warrenville
(630) 393-9944

Brand new front windshield for a 98 Ranger - $160, They came to my home and did it in my driveway, took maybe 30 minutes.

Used rear windshield for a 2000 Ranger super cab - $100, (Non-Slider, was essentially new as it came off a 2010 ranger that someone swapped to a slider), came to my home and replaced it.

Used driver side door glass and rear 1/4 glass for a 97 Grand Am, $180, brought the vehicle to them.

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
Joel
These guys have done jobs for me 3 times:

International Auto Glass

www.internationalautoglass.com/International Auto Glass Locally owned and operated since 1991. Serving all of Chicagoland with quality auto glass repair and replacement at our
2S781 Illinois 59, Warrenville
(630) 393-9944

Brand new front windshield for a 98 Ranger - $160, They came to my home and did it in my driveway, took maybe 30 minutes.

Used rear windshield for a 2000 Ranger super cab - $100, (Non-Slider, was essentially new as it came off a 2010 ranger that someone swapped to a slider), came to my home and replaced it.

Used driver side door glass and rear 1/4 glass for a 97 Grand Am, $180, brought the vehicle to them.

Wrong thread buddy.

POS Neon

Wang So Hard You Get Heart Mumer
May 10, 2009
NorthLake
Asked the same question when I got my Fireturd. Here were some responses:

ls1 swap.

BOOM. race car

Agreed....or LS2 ;)

or sell it and get something thats not gay from the get-go

i was being serious. you can pick up an LS1 fairly cheap. if you decide to mod, the LSx aftermarket is huge.
modding an NA 3800 is expensive and you will still be slow. it's going to suck in the winter regardless. i highly suggest picking up some snow tires.

....but there are countless other pieces that are different and you will need/want besided the motor itself..... full exhaust, transmission, driveshaft, rear diff (v6 ones were even weaker than the already too weak v8's), new coil springs, gauge cluster, motor mounts.... etc..... and stil even then you have the shitty v6 interior..... seriously, sell it and get one thats a V8 already.... the price savings will be huge with an already- v8 model

You can read more here: http://www.thechicagogarage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=34951

CrunkMaro

DurkaDurkaTerrorist
Jun 17, 2010
i think i went through almost every possibility on my 3.8 before i realized that it wasn't worth it in the long run.

m90 swap is ridiculously hard. its a LOT of work for minimal gains. the amount of fabwork and time spent, you could have built a decent turbo setup. on ftv6.com and cv6.com theres a few threads about people's homemade turbo systems and they are putting down decent numbers (100% increase)

there is a vendor over on ftv6 that supplies powerdyne (bd-11a or scorpion bolt style) brackets. i went that route and was pleasantly surprised. it was easy to do! tuning was the hardest part but it wasn't anything horrible.

rear mount turbo systems, despite the stigma, can still be dyno queens and again, easy to do. hardest part is running the oil lines and the electrical, again, not too bad though.

most 3.8 guys that want something quicker do a heads/cam setup. abbot racign i believe is the more popular one. they advertise their car running high to mid 12s with the heads/cam package.

intense and zzp also make stuff for the n/a 3800S2

nitrous is muuuuuuch easier. if you tune yourself, theres a nice thread over on FTV6 on tuning for a dry shot via IAT. works like a charm.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info