Need help, wifes Accord

Aircal

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Nov 10, 2008
Countryside
Real Name
Tom callahan
1993 Accord. Couple days ago when she took the key out and opened her door it started dinging. Like the key was left in or the lights where on. Neither of those things where happening. Was a couple days later before she drove it at night and anyway she has no interior or dash lights.
I asked if she had tried the dimmer button, i was thinking maybe it had been flipped to the dome light on postion, but she says she tried that.
Any ideas?

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
Replaced the dimmer switch, didn't fix the problem. I replaced the one with the turn signals and the one they call an illiuminater swith. Also replaced the relay in the fuse box. Still no dash lights or tail lights.

Seriously, pull out the ECM (there are 2 on this car, one for the trans, one for the Chassis/Engine) and pull the cover off of it to check for blown/leaking capacitors, SUPER common on these cars.
They are both under the passenger side 'kick panel', like RIGHT above where the passengers feet would be under the carpet.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• Aircal
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list