Emmisions Problem

SilentShado

303 HP+315 ft lbs = 1 GXP with 2 bald bridgestones
Apr 3, 2009
Mchenry, IL
I have a 1999 hyundai elantra. The car only has 105,000 miles on it and runs great. The only problem with this car with the exception of some rust, is the damn check engine light. Obviously as most of you know there is no passing the emmisions with a check engine light. I know the culprit of the check engine light but I do not want to spend the money as it does not affect driveability. One problem is the downstream 02 sensor and the other is the purge control valve, I'm wondering if there is a way I can trick the computer using resistors or such. I'm also willing to trade for a vehicle of equal value with no check engine light issues. Which blows cause I do actually like this car.

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
your lucky, its a 99, you can pass with two notready codes....how fast does the cel come on after clearing the codes and taking it for a couple drive cycles?

you may be able to clear it, take it for a couple shorter drive cycles and pull right into the test center....did it on our 97 van and had the cel come on 20minutes after leaving the test station lol

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info