I hate Neons

Angus

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 12, 2007
HHI, SC
We were on our way to the dealership to trade in our 04 neon for a new car to replace our G6 and im at a light that goes green and I hit the gas and engine rev fly up and the car barely starts to move.... I get up a block and pull into a carwash parking lot and get out and see tons of tranmission fluid everywhere...

Luckily, right next door was a firestone and I walked over and asked them to check it out. We pushed it to their bay and see that an ATF cooler fitting from the radiator blew out. Stripped the threads but also noticed coolant coming out of the atf cooler line fitting on the radiator. wth?

I'm guessing this single piece design atf/coolant radiator sprung an internal leak and the atf and coolant was mixing. And enought pressure was made to blow the atf fitting's threads right out.

So now that Firestone wants to charge me $600 to fix it. And we were right about to trade it in :fu:

Cars are not liking me this year.

machausta

Slow VW driver
Sep 18, 2009
Eastern Tennessee
Take it to Golf Mill Ford...

Is that place any better than it used to be? I went in there to buy a Focus a few years ago and they sent me home in it, only problem was they would agree to a price over the phone and then it would be "expired" before I got there or else the price didn't include something...very shady place.

Is that place any better than it used to be? I went in there to buy a Focus a few years ago and they sent me home in it, only problem was they would agree to a price over the phone and then it would be "expired" before I got there or else the price didn't include something...very shady place.

Older I get the more I think the lowest forms of human life that aren't in jail are car salesmen and/or own car dealships.

GTwolf

TCG Elite Member
Oct 11, 2009
Older I get the more I think the lowest forms of human life that aren't in jail are car salesmen and/or own car dealships.

I don't feel like finding the I do not care for that guy, but yeah. You get it.
On topic with the tread though, what isn't common with a neon. Maybe the air box is pretty reliable as long as you change the filter but I can't think of any other part that I haven't seen shit out on a neon. If one of our guys accidentally buys one it goes straight to the fucking auction. I won't sell one of those cars to the general public anymore.

Angus

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 12, 2007
HHI, SC
I just decided to have it fixed by bridgestone since I would have to have it towed to somewhere else to get it fixed.... $420 later, the car was traded in and we got $5,500 for it.

Damn you've had a tough year with cars. You live so close to work .........ride a bike and save money!!!!

Yeah it has been...

Even when I did drive to work, It would take almost a month before I would have to fill the neon! <2 miles commute ftw.

But I will be riding my bike till my mustang is done.

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
I just decided to have it fixed by bridgestone since I would have to have it towed to somewhere else to get it fixed.... $420 later, the car was traded in and we got $5,500 for it.

Yeah it has been...

Even when I did drive to work, It would take almost a month before I would have to fill the neon! <2 miles commute ftw.

But I will be riding my bike till my mustang is done.

Sooooooo Whatca get? :pedobear:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info