dude lookin fer SC thunderchicken parts

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
there's a car in the H&H and midwestern yards off bluff city blvd just SW of rt20, near the copart auto auction...couldnt remember what the hell ya were looking for but it was there and the engine bay is pretty much 10% intact.

post up and i should be by there tomorrow and maybe get a better look at it fer ya

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
Really? I am curious what kind of options and equipment he got...

His car was a V-8 with a PI Head swap. Power everything, grey cloth interior, thing was IMMACULATE... Ball joint failure on the highway doing 80. Told me he fixed the suspension, but dunno what else may have happened... I'd imagine he will step into this thread eventually.

He had the Super Coupe side skirts IIRC, but needed the front or rear bumper still (Can't recall which)

machausta

Slow VW driver
Sep 18, 2009
Eastern Tennessee
The Thunderbird just needs a new RF fender or this one straightened out. I've got it up for sale local for $2k.

I do have all the SC ground effects, SC wheels, SC rear bumper, SC airbag, etc... none of it is installed.

The Fusion is a 2011 SE 3.0 V6 FFV w/ appearance package (18s, sport tuned, spoiler, etc...)

I thought about putting the bird in a FS thread here, but 90% of you guys are too far away to care :s00ls:

machausta

Slow VW driver
Sep 18, 2009
Eastern Tennessee
there's a car in the H&H and midwestern yards off bluff city blvd just SW of rt20, near the copart auto auction...couldnt remember what the hell ya were looking for but it was there and the engine bay is pretty much 10% intact.

post up and i should be by there tomorrow and maybe get a better look at it fer ya

Thanks for keeping me in mind :bowrofl:

My next question would have been what year it was, the 94/95 ones are rare as hell, the 89-93s are amazingly common.

Primalzer

TCG Elite Member
Sep 14, 2006
The Thunderbird just needs a new RF fender or this one straightened out. I've got it up for sale local for $2k.

I do have all the SC ground effects, SC wheels, SC rear bumper, SC airbag, etc... none of it is installed.

The Fusion is a 2011 SE 3.0 V6 FFV w/ appearance package (18s, sport tuned, spoiler, etc...)

I thought about putting the bird in a FS thread here, but 90% of you guys are too far away to care :s00ls:

how many miles, and how bad is the damage?

machausta

Slow VW driver
Sep 18, 2009
Eastern Tennessee
Sub 100k miles, the odometer was replaced with one reading 138k by the PO with a signed odo statement. Actual mileage right at 98k.

The RF fender needs replacing, there is a little surface rust right under the passenger side window, and the usual door check marks from it being a 16 year old car but otherwise its perfect... it may be time for strut rod bushings in the rear, they usually go about 100k.

I just had the drivers' door hinge pin replaced, and I replaced the striker bolt and aligned the door again though I'd recommend a body man to rehang it at some point. It opens/closes fine and there are no air leaks around it.

The car from underneath looks better than some 2008 cars I've seen in IL, no joke. Religiously washed after every snowfall in IL (where it spent 2 winters), it was a TN car for the 14 years previous.

PI (mildly ported) heads, cams, intake, true dual exhaust, stock converter/trans with no known issues. I did have a shudder that started to develop when the converter would lock up, but added 1oz of Dr Tranny's instant shudder fix which resolved that problem immediately.

I'd recommend if you're seriously considering this car that you would replace the trans with a 2000-2004 Mustang trans w/ j-mod due to all the upgraded parts. I'd also replace the driveshaft with the aluminum one from a 93 Mark VIII (available at any Blue Island IL junkyard for $15) and have it balanced.

Car is tuned for 91+ octane fuel and has 2001 Mustang GT (KVR) dual piston calipers in the front, I swapped in rear discs also as the drums sucked.

Interior is perfect except the drivers side seat bolster (where the switches are) broke and was replaced with one that is almost exactly the right color. I've added the 97 cupholder console and moved the power point into the center console. I also added 'factory' autolamps as well as one touch down windows on both sides, and a clarion mp3/ipod cd player and some kenwood 6x8s.

I have the necessary parts to dress it exactly like a SC (wheels, rear bumper, skirts, air bag) the bumper and skirts would need to be painted.

In its present shape, car gets 19 city/26 highway mpgs average after the PI headswap, probably due to the decent bump in compression.

If you're interested or have questions, just gimmie a call 803-258-0822 I'm out of work @ 6pm M-F Central time.

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
1) Fly down Saturday ($149 on US Airways from O'Hare to Augusta GA), I'll pick you up at the airport.

2) Drive back ($115 26mpg x 848 miles at $3.50/gal)

3) Enjoy Thunderbird

I'll make it more tempting, how about $1700? This way you got the car to your front step for $2000.

I hate you.... Want an 5 speed Explorer (Fresh clutch, Trans was just repaired and gone through, FL Truck minus 3 winter, 120K on the clock) and some cash? (Could use fenders/hood as due to dents those panels have started rusting, Rest of it is straight/solid, all new suspension, new tires....)

machausta

Slow VW driver
Sep 18, 2009
Eastern Tennessee
S6300047.jpg

This is Kelsey Smith, he's on TCCoA and autocrosses quite often.

http://forums.tccoa.com/showthread.php?t=116810

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info