Wife's G6 got smashed... Pics

Angus

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 12, 2007
HHI, SC
While on her way home from work, My wife, Kelly, was waiting behind a car on North Ave. in St. Charles to take a left turn and an mazda suv smashed into the back of her, and sent her foward into the jetta that was waiting to turn left.

Everyone is ok, Kelly is feeling sore but is a trooper. The Jetta just had a gash on the bumper, our g6 got it's rear smashed pretty well, and the mazda suv's front is smashed pretty well with the airbags deployed.

Insurance claims/body shop people - Will they fix it or total it? Behind the bumper, the panels are pretty fubar'd up. :dunno:

Pics:

2011-06-21181606.jpg

2011-06-21190724.jpg

2011-06-21190748.jpg

2011-06-21190829.jpg

The Mazda at fault

2011-06-21181912.jpg

2011-06-21192118.jpg

smug

Please go back to eating crayons
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2007
Cedar Lake, IN
Real Name
Dan Erickson
I hate both those companies...ugh. Anyways It is going to be a bitch to get the to use new OEM parts on your car for bumpers and lights. They will go aftermarket, used or what ever is cheapest. They will probably buy OEM rear body panel because that is the only way they come, used trunk lid, aftermarket crap bumpers and lights and what ever else they can get for dirt cheap. You can try to talk to your adjuster about that situation. Make sure that if they paint the quarter panel that they clear coat the entire surround up over the doors down to the front fender. If they blend off the clear coat at the sail panel you will see it later on and it will look hazy. Make sure they do not leave tape paint lines in the jamb area because that looks like crap and is a dead give away of paint work. That color white on the G6s , WA 8554, generally looks different after it has been re-clear coated. Example, if they need to body work and paint the quarter back by the tail light, when they paint the white they will keep it back in that area and blend the white paint with in the panel to keep color away from the rear door. But the entire quarter will be cleared and the extra layers of clear will darken or yellow that color really bad. It is just the way that color white is and there is nothing that can be done about that. Some lighter colors just do that because clear coat is not clear but has an amber tint to it so the more layers you all the darker the color gets.

I have rambled on enough here. Any more questions?

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
Friends shop FTW, this way it gets done right. Make sure you get the check from their insurance company that pays for the amount of $ the car depleted now that it's been in an accident. Not sure if that's been said already, didn't read all of it. I would go after that after i spent every last breath trying to get another car, instead of fixing the one I had. Supposed to be a state law according to a friend of mine, but I didn't confirm that, just a hearsay thing. Could be a :repost: like i said though.

Angus

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 12, 2007
HHI, SC
Friends shop FTW, this way it gets done right. Make sure you get the check from their insurance company that pays for the amount of $ the car depleted now that it's been in an accident. Not sure if that's been said already, didn't read all of it. I would go after that after i spent every last breath trying to get another car, instead of fixing the one I had. Supposed to be a state law according to a friend of mine, but I didn't confirm that, just a hearsay thing. Could be a :repost: like i said though.

I'll have to look into that...

Do all the doors open and close as normal?

Yeah, IIRC they do. Except for the trunk... The trunk latch is about 1 ft more into the trunk. I did notice that I thought there was something wrong with the driver side rear wheel as it looked like it was 'lowered' than the rest... :dunno:

Angus

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 12, 2007
HHI, SC
glad to hear she is ok.

its unfortunate, im SURE HER BACK AND NECK REALLY REALLY HURT!!!

:bowrofl:

The lady in the jetta that got tapped was starting to complain about her eye swelling up and her neck when we were there waiting for the police to finish clearing the roads! Her car was just tapped and my wife even said that after the bump and the cars had stopped moving, she watched her pull her car forward. Then as we were waiting, she was also telling us all, "look how far forward my car was pushed! It was such a hard hit!"

cacicgtp7

Some Military Dude
Nov 9, 2008
Boston, MA
Real Name
John
:bowrofl:

The lady in the jetta that got tapped was starting to complain about her eye swelling up and her neck when we were there waiting for the police to finish clearing the roads! Her car was just tapped and my wife even said that after the bump and the cars had stopped moving, she watched her pull her car forward. Then as we were waiting, she was also telling us all, "look how far forward my car was pushed! It was such a hard hit!"

Wow that woman is a POS. I would have called her out in front of everybody.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info