car running VERY rich...

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
Joel
Alright so tonight i got an SES light and a code saying bank one running rich. my LTFT's are in the -18's to -20's. yea thats rich!

i figure it could be a stuck open injector or my O2 sensor but what do i know.

I replaced my O2 sensor probably 6 months ago with a Denso so i'm hoping its not that.injectors are stock with 103K on them.

any ideas?

Bob Kazamakis

TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
Joel
did you change the IFR table back to stock after taking out the 42 pound injectors?

i replaced the "before" Cat O2 sensor. i dont have a Cat.

I never ran the 42# injectors. nothing has changed for months on the car. it just started acting this way last night. i checked all my injector plugs, my O2 wiring, and looked for anything out of the ordinary.

Bob Kazamakis

TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
Joel
s are you talking about fuel pump connections Ron? what should i check out evap related? a loose gas cap would cause this? i havent gotten gas in 3 days or so. car started acting like this last night.

i tried resetting fuel trims after i checked everything over and still rich.

i dont think its my TPS as that usually fluctuates on the scanner and it was reading fine.

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
s are you talking about fuel pump connections Ron? what should i check out evap related? a loose gas cap would cause this? i havent gotten gas in 3 days or so. car started acting like this last night.

i tried resetting fuel trims after i checked everything over and still rich.

i dont think its my TPS as that usually fluctuates on the scanner and it was reading fine.

Yes the EVAP can cause this. My car is acting up now as well. I always click my cap at least 10 times. Others get annoyed. Hehe.

Bob Kazamakis

TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
Joel
ok so i'm throwing a P0172 system too rich and a P1133 HO2S insufficient switching bank one.

Looks like its an O2 problem. I read over on 3800pro that it could be a melted wire too. i'll have to check in the morning. I looked quickly last night and didnt see the O2 wires near the headers at all but it was dark. Its probably my O2 extension thats melted...the thing is like 2 feet long; its silly.

Bob Kazamakis

TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
Joel
alright update:
still have the problem.

I replaced the bad wiring in the O2 extension and wrapped it with header wrap. its also zip-tied in place instead of just tucked behind the A/c lines.

LTFT's were still -22.66 at idle.

Pulled the Evap solenoid to see if it was clogged with charcoal or fuel and neither. solenoid was closed and clean of debris. vacuum lines from the evap to the TB look just fine with no cracks.

unplugged MAF and same issue. LTFT's -22.66 and then some while driving.

Unplugged O2 sensor and my LTFT's went to -14.xx but was still very rich. I assume the car goes into VE mode when its not plugged in right?

so any other suggestions? I guess i could go pick up another O2 sensor but i dont want to waste $70 if i dont have too.

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
heres a dumb question....you dont have like an aftermarket tb in there do you? the reason i ask..is when i had my gtp, i put a ported zzp unit on there and REMOVED the screen. my trims were at like -18, -22, etc...put the screen back in, problem solved...this is a bit far out there but its worth asking

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info